Sunday, September 15, 2013

Paper Sweeties September RELEASE PARTY!

  Hello crafty friends!  Have you heard the news ... Paper Sweeties are going on another road trip!  We'll be attending the Stamp Scrap Art Tour in Hampton, VA - October 25th - 27th and I hope to see YOU there!  Hampton is right next to Virgina Beach, so I hope to get some walks in down by the water while we're in town too!



Welcome to the Paper Sweeties September *new* stamp RELEASE PARTY!  Today we have THREE fun and whimsical new sets debuting in the boutique!!!

 
For today's little project share, I decided to create a layout using Miss Abigail!  First I stamped her on cream cardstock and then cut her out using the Abigail Sweet Cuts die!  Next I colored her hair with Prismacolor Pencils and added rosey cheeks using a Q-tip and a little chalk!


The next step was to stamp a little outfit for Abigail to wear!  My friend, Anne, had given me these adorable pictures of her little girl and as soon as I saw them, I just knew I'd have to create a layout using the new Cute as a Bug stamp set!


I created the framed name using a large glitter alpha sticker and then stamped the ladybug frame from the Cute as a Bug stamp set and used the Alphas Lower stamp set to fill in the rest of the name!  I used a couple of additional sentiments from the 'bug' stamp set to stamp a cute little phrase on the layout!



Abigail's little ladybug costume was stamped directly onto red cardstock with black ink and then cut out and paper pieced on the doll image!


I added the adorable photos of sweet little Genevieve outlined with machine zig-zag stitching, a pretty polka dotted paper ruffle and a lovely nosegay of flowers to complete my design!  Smitten ... how about you ... with the real little girl and the layout too!

Hop on over to the blog to check out the Sweeties Teamies' wonderful inspiration projects for today's Septmeber *new* stamp release party ... and while you are there, check out all of the contests and giveaways offered as well!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I'll have one more project to share with you tomorrow, so I hope to see you back again for some more crafty fun!

Hugs!
xoxox

2 comments: