Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Birthday ... with Flourishes!



Hello crafty friends!  I have some exciting news that I've been keeping under wraps since the first of the year and I finally get to spill the beans ... I've been invited to join the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge design team girlies for the month of April and share a couple of projects with you all that I created using goodies from the Flourishes shop - what an honor and so much fun!!


 Today's challenge theme is 'Wrap It With Ribbon' ... I love to add layers of goodness on my crafty projects!!  I began with a cardstock base of vanilla and kraft and then layered some pretty striped pattern paper - securing with a machine zig zag stitch.  Next I layered some gorgeous pink scalloped lace trim and May Arts woven iridescent fuchsia and sage ribbon -- securing them onto my card base using some 1/4 wide Scor tape.


I created a shabby little bow using some tea-stained seam binding, a beautiful paper bloom and a couple of Cream Leaf Pins.  The sentiments and adorable image were stamped using the Kids Play stamp set ... and some glitter was applied for a little sparkle and shine!


So, there you have it my friends ... a card layered with sweetness and beautiful embellishments!  What do you think of my little pink creation?

Please be sure to hop on over and check out what the rest of the teamies have created for today's 'Layered Ribbon' challenge:



I'll be back again next Tuesday with another little project to share for the new challenge!  Until then, I can't wait to see what you'll create using layers this week!  Happy crafting, my friends!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - anything
Ribbon Carousel #80 - showers & flowers
Tuesday Throwdown #141 - 2 colors + 2 things with a "T" (pink, green / twine, tag)

17 comments:

Lesley said...

How exciting Debbie! Congratulations! Your card is gorgeous, love the lace ribbon.

Karen W said...

Gorgeous!!! I love how soft and vintage and elegant this is.

pattyo said...

Congrats on the guest DT! Your card is so beautiful! I love it!

Maria said...

Wow!!! Huge congrats on your DT assignment with Flourishes! They are so lucky to have you! Your card is so sweet, gorgeous, and pretty! I love every inch of it...so feminine and fun! Have a great day, hugs!

Annette said...

wow wee totally gorgeous.. congrats on guest designing..

Miriam Prantner said...

What an honor Debbie, but such an obvious choice, your work is so beautiful! This card is just pink perfection! I love all the beautiful trims and the images are so sweet!

Helen said...

Congratulations - enjoy your month! This card is absolutely gorgeous - sweet and oh so pretty!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh, isn't this a beautiful piece of art! I love all the pink and the embellishments. Just wonderful!

seamom said...

A FABULOUSLY beautiful card!

NanaConnie said...

Another marvelous creation, Debbie, and I honestly couldn't pick a favorite between these two if my life depended on it! Again, good luck in the Tuesday Throwdown draw.
NanaConnie DT

CraftyGirl said...

Stunning card I adore your lace and pins. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Lisa Kind said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! You are the queen of layering lots of goodness and of course pink! Congrats!

Katie Sims said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love all of the vintage-y layers and colors! Congratulations on your guest DT with Flourishes! Will look forward to seeing your beautiful creations... :)

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

wow totally love all the wonderful embellishments you have added to this card. So beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, this is stunning, Debbie! Congratulations on your guest designer spot! SO well deserved!

Allison Cope Israels said...

Good golly Deb! Your card is stunning! Love the lace and the the sweet papers & colours you used! Fabulous card!

Deborah Anton said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! All the elements are perfect! So glad to see you join us for the month!