Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Around The House ... with Flourishes!



Hi crafty friends!  I'm popping in today to share a card I recently created for my 2nd Guest Designer week at Flourishes!  This week's challenge is 'Around The House' -- we're asked to create a card or project using anything that you find around your house that wouldn't necessarily be considered a craft item.  I used PAPER TOWELS to create a pretty, paper ruffle!


I stamped the background layer with a snowflake from the Warm Winter Wishes set -- heat embossed with white powder.  I wrapped a length of blue and white ticking strip ribbon around the base of the card, tying it into a bow, and then adding a Prima flower and pink paper leaves.  Next I stamped a little white tag with a sentiment from the same set and tied it onto my nosegay with twine and a couple of sparkly jingle bells.


I machine stitched around the edges of the card and then added a white paper towel ruffle!  On top of the paper ruffle, I added a length of Light Kraft Cotton Dentelle Trim.  I stamped the snowglobe and pretty image using the Joy Is In The Air stamp set -- colored with markers and then added some glitter!


Last I added a sentiment banner stamped using the Fancy Monograms set, some pearls and a pretty pink banner!

I'll be back again next Tuesday to share another little pretty something.  I hope you'll come back to visit and see what I've created for next week's challenge!

Until then, happy stamping my friends!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
The Ribbon Carousel #80 – showers and flowers
Catered Crop – twine

10 comments:

Allison Cope Israels said...

How awesome is that! Paper towels... so versatile! Who knew?!? Gorgeous card Debbie! Lovin' the glittery snowman!

pattyo said...

Love this! I'm one of those people who never tire of snow!

Karen W said...

How cute, I love that globe!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY Debbie I LOVE that ruffle, so clever!!~

Lea L. said...

This is so cute!! Love the colors, and super cute snow image!!

Denise Marzec said...

You and Broni with the paper towels...so clever! Love how you ruffled yours. Also love the bells on the bow...such a cute added touch.

Broni said...

Of course we both used paper towels!! Great minds!! Your card is awesomely beautiful!

Alexander said...

Wow!
A great greeting card!
Good luck to the challenge!

If you want ... Please can you on my blog and to become a Member? ....I'd be honored

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS bow Debbie - LOVE your card :)

Makiko Jones said...

This is such a pretty treat bag, Debbie!! I love the use of paper towels...so creative!