Monday, March 11, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room #157!


 Hello stamp friends and welcome!  I'm popping in today to share a sweet little project I recently created for The Shabby Tea Room #157 - 'Oh-So Pretty in Pink'!  I'm the host in the Tea Room this week and I chose this adorable photo for inspiration and am asking us all to create a card or project using PINK, RIBBON/LACE/TULLE and a FLOWER!


My best friend celebrated the arrival of a brand new baby granddaughter this past week, so I took the opportunity to make her a sweet and pretty in pink baby congratulations card!  I began with a base of Romantic Paper Roses patterned paper from Digital Papers by Janet Etsy I then created a banner out of beautiful little satin and organza blooms.  The sentiment was stamped using the Once Upon a Time set from Paper Sweeties


Then, I couldn't resist dressing Emma up to look like the precious little girl from the inspiration photo.  After I stamped and colored Emma's hair with Prisma color pencils, I dressed her in a white lace and pink tulle dress using scraps from my treasure baskets!  To finish off this card, I stamped the basket from the Jelly Bean Time stamp set, colored it with a pink Prisma pencil and then filled it with pink blossoms!


A snipett of pretty lace trim was added from The Ribbon Reel Shop and I used the current Paper Sweeties Sketch Inspiration #5 for the placement of all the elements of my design! 


Be sure to hop on over to check out the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the Shabby Girls ...

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebecca Deeprose - Paper Primrose

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tracey Kelly - Trace Elementz

... and then we hope you'll have time to play along with our 'Oh-So Pretty in Pink' challenge for your chance to win some goodness from the Digital Papers by Janet Etsy Shop!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Fussy and Fancy #84 - flowers
Tuesday Throwdown #137 - Lace/doilies


6 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Debbie. Gorgeous laces but it needs a doily. :-D Still happy that you played along in our Lace and Doily challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week.
NanaConnie DT

pattyo said...

What a sweet and pretty card!

Conniecrafter said...

Awwww, so precious and cute!

Margaret said...

What a sweet, soft card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Jingle said...

This is so sweet! I just love the lace and tulle dress! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

May said...

Gorgeous card, Full of beautiful detail..Thank you so much for joining us at Fussy & Fancy... Hugs May x x x