Sunday, March 17, 2013

Put on a party dress ...

 Hi ya'll!  How is your Sunday going ... I hope you're finding time to relax and get some crafty time in today!  Monday and Tuesday I'm teaching my monthly card classes, so I'm popping in quick to share one of the cards with you today!


I recently purchased the new pop up card dies from SU! and couldn't wait to give them a little go!  So fun to play with ... I love a pop up card!  I cut out the base of the card and then decorated the front cover with a paper doilie onto which I stamped a sentiment using the Paper Sweeties So Sweet of You stamp set.  


 Next I created a couple of banners and stamped a sentiment from the You're Invited sentiment set.


 And on the inside of the card is where the magic happens!  What a fun surprise awaiting the recipient of this card when she opens it and finds this pretty little dress on a form decorated with lace, pearls, rhinestones and embossing!


I cut the pop up background using a pretty floral patterned paper to mimic wallpaper.  Then I die cut the dress form shape using black card stock and die cut the dress using vanilla card stock.  It was fun to decorate the little paper pieced dress with embossing, lace, a satin flower, pearls and rhinestones before I adhered it to the stand ... so girly and fun!


And last, I stamped another sentiment from the Join Me For Tea sentiment stamp set and adhered it onto a couple of card stock pieces that I punched with fancy border punches to complete the look of this pretty and feminine card!

Have you made a pop up card in the past?  If not, you'll certainly want to give one a try ... so much fun for both you on the creative side and your recipient on the receiving side!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... happy creating my stampy friends!
 Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Catered Crop - flower power
Really Reasonable Ribbons #68 - flowers & ribbon
Tuesday Throwdown #138 - paper piecing
CASE Study #132 - inspiration using dies to create texture

 

8 comments:

Hanneke said...

What a great card! I love the colors and the inside! Hugs, Hanneke

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the lovely papers. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy. Hugs, Ivonne

Margaret said...

Gorgeous. Great detail and lovely colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Pauline said...

Wow... fabulous, Debbie!

Debby said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Alexander said...

Good luck to the challenge!!!
Come on my blog ... and if you want you can be a new member!!

Crafty Hugs, Alex

Stephanie said...

What a fantastic card! I really like the pop-up and you decorated the dress form beautifully!

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.