Tuesday, March 5, 2013

... just for fun!

 Hello crafty friends!  How are ya'll doing today?  It's gloomy doomy here today, so I took this opportunity to hop into my crafty space for some fun 'just me' time!  Today's card is an extra I'd like to share with you today ... not for any specific design team assignments ... 'just because'.  How fun!  It's so yucky outside, so the perfect occasion to stay in and get inky!!


I used the O' Christmas Tree stamp set from Paper Sweeties to create a holiday card -- I have vowed to get on top of things this year with my holiday cards and gifts so I don't run behind like I did last year!!


The die cut tree shape is from PTI and the beautiful street lamp post die is Tim Holtz.  The delicious washi tape is from Teresa Collins.  After the tree was die cut, I adhered the three washi strips and then ran it back through the Bigshot to cut the washi tape.  I then added a piece of green cardstock under the die cut layer that was embossed with polka dots and inked to create a time-worn look.


And there you have it ... one down for the 2013 holiday season ... about 74 more to go!!  I better get off the computer and go get busy in the crafty space some more!
 
Challenges:
Moxie Fab World - the washi tape challenge
Moxie Fab World - empthasize the negative challenge
Merry Monday #52 - cherry, artichoke, river rock
Simon Says Stamp - anything
Cupcake Inspirations #200 - use any past inspiration photo











I hope you're having a wonderful stampy day!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

 

17 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the die cuts and such a lovely sentiment. xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debbie :-) I love how you used the dies and washi tape ,,, absolutely fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Bonnie said...

What a pretty die cut tree and lamp post, Debbie! Love the Washi tape too! I'm so glad you got a chance to play and shared it with us at Merry Monday!

Linda said...

Cute card. Love the old fashioned lamppost.

Indy said...

What a fun holiday card! Great take on the Cupcake Inspirations photo! Good luck!
{hugs}
Debbie
CIC DT Sweetie

debby4000 said...

Fab Christmas card, like how you've cut out the tree.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Linda Beeson said...

Great idea, love the strips of tape.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! So glad that you're getting a head start on your stash for this year! Thanks for playing with Merry Monday crew this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Debbie, I love your tree. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Lesley said...

Wonderful card Debbie! Love the die cut space...so happy you joined us!

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet design, love the die cut tree and the Washi tape. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Tracey McNeely said...

Wonderful card Debbie. I love the lantern! Thank you so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love the washi tape used this way!

Margaret Moody said...

What a great card, Debbie! Love the die-cut tree!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in for all the fun! :)

Deborah Anton said...

Beautiful card! Fun to see Christmas in Spring! :)

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks also for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)