Monday, February 25, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room #155!

 Hello crafty friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #155 - 'Pink Party'!  Rebecca is our creative host this week and she has chosen this stunning photo for inspiration.  


 Rebecca is asking us to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS and THEME of the photo!  So fun!!!


The Cutting Cafe is our sponsor this week in the Tea Room and Regina was kind enough to allow me to design a sweet little something with a couple of the beautiful goodies from her shop!  For my first project, I created a sweet shaped card using the Easter Basket Shaped Card file.  I cut the basket from pink card stock and then cut the basket weave pieces and adorable little Easter eggs using patterned floral paper - inspired by the beautiful hydrangeas in the photo!


I added some pretty metal and pearl brads to the handles of the basket and then finished it off with a shabby bow made from Vintage Winter White and Pink Bubblegum tea-stained seam binding.  The tag was stamped using a sentiment from the Occasions stamp set from Paper Sweeties!  This card was so fun and easy to make, I think I'll make a few more and use them for this year's Easter greetings to my family and friends!


Next, I created a sweet treat box using the Bunny Treat Box file from The Cutting Cafe.  Again, I cut the template out using pink card stock and then cut the layer pieces using more floral patterned paper to match my card!


I handmade a pretty little banner on a stick using some pink crepe paper, two card stock circles and then stamped the sentiment using the Occasions set once more!


The bunny's body looks so vintage and sweet cut from the floral patterned paper -- and he is wearing a bow made with some more of the yummy tea-stained seam binding from Paper Sweeties!


I filled the inside of the treat box with some pretty bright blue crinkle paper and then inserted two peanut butter snickers bars - yum!  I think I'll need to make a couple more of these too!!


So springy and fun ... don't you think?  This set was fun to create and will be even more fun to give it away to someone special!

Please be sure to pop on over and check out the gorgeous inspiration from the other Shabby Girls this week:

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebecca Deeprose - Paper Primrose

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tracey Kelly - Trace Elementz

... and then we hope you can join in the fun and play along with our 'Pink Party' challenge this week for your chance to win some goodness from The Cutting Cafe!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday - tag you're it
Paper Issues - spring

7 comments:

Charlene said...

Adorable Debbie!! I love that sweet basket and bunny!! I swear you are wonder woman!

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful Easter treats. Lovely spring colours and that bunny is so cute. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute Easter projects!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Bi-weekly Spring color/use Ribbon challenge!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Dianne said...

What an adorable set, bound to make anyone happy, I love it, thanks for sharing..

Regina Easter said...

oh my word this is soooooooooooooo darling....total love

Annette said...

A completely GORGEOUS Easter project.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Lili’s Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
xx


Patricia Roebuck said...

These are so adorable and beautiful!