Monday, February 11, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room #153!


Hello crafty friends and welcome!  Today I'm here to share a card I made for The Shabby Tea Room #153 - 'Sweet Silhouettes'!  Rebekah is our creative host and she has chosen this yummy photo for inspiration.  Rebekah asks that we create a card or project inspired by the photo using a SILHOUETTE AS YOUR FOCAL POINT!  Easy peesy!!
 

I printed out a gorgeous silhouette from the Vintage Silhouettes collage file available at Digital Papers by Janet Etsy.   The pink metal frame is something I got for free at a scrapbooking event at my LSS back in November that I attended with my stampy friend, Audrey ... there was a sweet lady there with a whole box of stuff she was giving away, and this little treasure made it's way home with me!  You know what they say about one girl's trash being another girl's treasures!  I think this frame is a treasure :)


I created a pretty little nosegay using some paper and satin flowers & added green trinket pins from my stash!  I made a bow using Paradise Aqua Mist and Vintage Winter White tea-stained seam binding, and then stamped the sentiment tag using Paper Sweeties Banner Wishes and You're My Prince Charming ... and stamped the hearts using the Snow Friends set -- I cut them out and sugared them with glitter!!


 I'm going to give this to my hubby ... what do you think?  He {loves} getting girly handmade cards from me!!!  Giggle!!!

Be sure to pop on over and check out the beautiful inspiration projects created by the other Shabby Girls:

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebecca Deeprose - Paper Primrose

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tracey Kelly - Trace Elementz

... and then we hope you'll give our 'Sweet Silhouettes' challenge a try for your chance to win some delicious goodness from Janet's Etsy Shop!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your sweet comments so very much!

Hugs!
xoxoxo 

Challenges:
The Ribbon Carousel #77 - love is in the air
Top Tip Tuesday - sweetheart
Simon Says Stamp - have a heart


10 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is delightfully pretty! Lovely embossing and stitching and your embellishments are gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley

Dianne said...

Wow the way you put this together fabulous thanks for sharing I love it..

~Tammy~ said...

Umm...I heart that metal frame, and I heart that focal image and well....you kinda know I adore the stamped PS images! That's a no brainer, but I am just giddy how you put it all together to put one fabulous and inspiring card!

pattyo said...

Beautiful card, Debbie!

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet, so neat to see you were able to make such a pretty creation with someone else couldn't use.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Such a delightful, sweet card!! Love the metal frame and the use of the hearts~ delightful! Hugs, Rebecca

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Very pretty !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Crafty Math Chick said...

I like the embossing and the pretty lace hearts. Thanks for playing along with TSG. Hope you will join us again!

Deneen said...

Such a pretty card, I love the silhouette, and the sentiment is perfect too. Thanks for joining the Let Me Call You Sweetheart Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Sylwia-eR said...

Just adorable : )