Wednesday, February 6, 2013

... love you much

My good friend, Tammy Hobbs, inspired me to give the 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge a try!  I have been so inspired by the yummy creations that she whips together in less than 10 minutes ... but I'm always daunted by the task of trying to create something of my own in 10 minutes or less.  I'm a pokey crafter ... I hem and haw over the littlest details!


So I took a little looksie in blog land at some current challenges to spark my creativity and decided to put my big girl panties on and 'just do it'!!!  I came up with a mental note of how I wanted my card to look and then pulled together the supplies I would need to complete my design.

I took inspiration from these challenges:

Runway Inspired #29 - inspo photo with red, white, blue and neutrals



I stamped the background Kraft card stock using Kraft ink and the heart image from Paper Sweeties' Snow Friends stamp set!  I wrapped a length of ticking stripe grosgrain ribbon around the middle of the card and hot glued the ends on the back.  I created a bow from another length of grosgrain ribbon, securing it in the middle by tying a snipett of vanilla taffeta ribbon in the middle.  I hot glued all the 3-D elements onto the ticking striped ribbon following the sketch inspiration - 4 elements to symbolize the 4 hearts; metal element to symbolize the metal bindings on the suitcase; blue button to symbolize the blue scarf; round shapes to mimic the buttons.  Lastly, I stamped a sentiment onto a sticky label from October Afternoon using the So Sweet of You Stamp set.


Whew!  OMG ... my hands were shaking assembling this card -- I was frantic!  I'm looking at all those stamped heart images and seeing that the stamping is not 'perfect' ... they go a little wonky and aren't evenly spaced or perfectly straight ... but it's a handmade from the heart card and I think it'll go to my hubby this Valentine's Day!  He won't mind wonky stamped hearts!!

I didn't have a timer that I could find on my phone like Miss Tammy uses, so I used the timer on our microwave oven!!  

7 minutes 50 seconds!!!

Well, this actually was quite a fun little card to whip up ... and now that I know I can do it, I'll have to give it a try more often.  Sometimes the dash and go cards are the best ones!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

 

19 comments:

Paulina said...

Debbie, I was SO excited when I saw your name up on the link widget- it's been far too long since I've visited your blog. My dear, you did an AMAZING job with all of these challenges, especially mine! Less than 8 minutes to create this beauty? Wow!

Thank you so much for going outside your comfort zone to try out the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I truly hope you'll give my challenge a try again! :)

SugarGem said...

Wow 7min 50sec?! I wow I'm so impressed. I'm like you I think about my projects for ever.... I think you inspired me to try the 10min craft dash. Really cute card Btw

~Tammy~ said...

I am speechless! First I am honored that I inspired you to take on the 10 MCD and second! There is no way I could have created that in the time that you did! I am like WOWZERS! YOU GO GIRL!!! Love it Debbie!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Debbie, you HAVE to do it again!!! You did such a great job!! The key is having that plan before you sit down - and then don't let yourself second guess. You did it! And your hearts aren't wonky, I don't even know what you're talking about... ;) This is beautiful, I am so glad you got those big girl panties on! haha... Thanks so much for playing with the Craft Dash - I really hope we see you again!

Lyndal said...

Looks PERFECT, wonky hearts and all!
So glad you joined in the fun at the 10 Minute Craft Dash :)

Conniecrafter said...

wow that is fantastic that you were able to make such a great looking card in that little time, the stamping is great and wonderful embellishing!

Dianne said...

Well Missy after putting on your big girl pants you struck out wonderfully, thanks for sharing..

Hanneke said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I almost can't believe you made this in less then 10 minutes! And I love the wonky hearts. Hugs, Hanneke

Poorvi said...

Wow, Debbie, I love your card! I don't see any wonky heart...
Thanks for playing with the Craft Dash, we'd love to see more of your creations :)

Lea L. said...

So pretty, Debbie! LOVE that big bow!!

Laurie said...

This is just beautiful Debbie! WOW! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

Kim S said...

I so love the big ribbon and the bold embellishments!! I certainly didn't notice any wonky hearts! Thanks for joining us at retrosketches!

Virginia L. said...

Outstanding work in less than 8 mins (!!!), Debbie! I love the composition and beautiful use of ribbons and images! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Maria said...

Ohhhh my! Good for you, Debbie! Hehehe glad you had the nerve to try the 10 min. challenge. I am very impressed. I must try it some time. I know for me it would be a big challenge! You made a fab card with sweet background and elements...great job!

Lisa Petrella said...

FANTASTIC card! I especially LOVE the stamped hearts in the background, that yummy ribbon, and the font of the sentiment!!!!

Sindhu said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Love it totally...
Thanks so much for sharing your creation for 10 Min craft dash. Hope to see you again in our future challenges..

Wida said...

it is so gorgeous Debbie! It's as if you made a Debbie CAS card!!

Laura B. said...

This is so cute! Love the background hearts and gorgeous ribbon! So glad you joined us over at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Not only is this card amazing, but I am so impressed at how long it took you to make it!! You are a card making MACHINE!! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!