Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Ribbon Reel #45!

 Hello friends ... I hope you all had a perfectly wonderful weekend -- full of relaxation and fun!  Did you do anything special!  Us ... after having out-of-town company from 12/26 through 1/14, we have the house back to 'just the two of us' with some quiet time to regroup ... although another round of company arrives on 1/30 to stay for three days again!  I have entertaining and hosting company ... but I need to get my ducks in a row and get organized so I'm prepared :)  The holidays really seemed to sneak up on me this year and I wasn't as ready for them as I would have liked.  Note to self:  start holiday preparations for 2013 in July this year!!!


So, this week for The Ribbon Reel challenge blog #45 we have the theme of 'Homespun' with this yummy photo for inspiration and we're asking everyone to create a card or project inspired by the photo and include burlap and ribbon!


 I love anything homespun!  To me it evokes feelings of warm, soft and comfy quilts with mixy matchy fabrics and plaid patterns.  It is warm apple pie smells, rooms lit by candlelight and dark, rich colors like navy and red.  Homespun offers plenty of rustic charm -- antiques and crochet fabrics!  Yum, right??!!


 For today's card, here are the goodies I used from The Ribbon Reel Shop:



The the {sweet} little tag was stamped using a tag and sentiments from the Little Wishes set from Paper Sweeties!

Please be sure to hop on over to The Ribbon Reel challenge blog to check out the yummy inspiration projects the rest of the teamies have prepared for your enjoyment today and then we hope you'll play along with our 'Homespun' challenge for your chance to win some awesome goodness from The Ribbon Reel Shop!

Thank you so much for stopping by today ... have a wonderful stampy day!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Dynamic Duos #36 - red & black/valentine's day
Really Reasonable Ribbons #64 - Valentine's Day w/ ribbon


8 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Oh I adore this Miss Debbie! I love your sweet apple and the paper you used is perfect and totally evokes a homespun feeling! Love it!

Julie Marshall said...

Adorable card! Love how you worked the right panel.

Helen Berry said...

Perfect take on the wonderful inspiration photo Debbie. I love the plaid apple and the sweet burlap leaves x

Karen Day said...

I love your apple card, Debbie! Glad to have you play along with us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Vicki B. said...

So pretty, love that apple!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Erna Logtenberg said...

Love it! Thanks for playing at The Dynamic Duos this week!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very pretty!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge this week!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Cherry's Jubilee said...

cute! cherry