Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Ribbon Reel #44!



Hello friends and welcome to The Ribbon Reel #44 -  'WINTER WONDERLAND'!  For this week's challenge, we are to create a card/project inspired by the colors in the photo, include a snowman or snowflake and ribbon/twine/trim. 


I began my design with a base of crisp white card stock onto which I layered a piece of kraft card stock.  Next I added a pretty piece of snowflake patterned paper and machine sewed this onto the base of the card.  For my Snowman, I stamped him with black ink and colored his hot chocolate pitcher and hat with kraft, red and black markers.  I added a sweet little 3-D embellishment to the hat that I created using two White Leaf Stick Pins and a pretty Small Red Gingham Button.  For the  Snowlady, I stamped her with black ink and colored her hat and scarf with markers.  I added a pretty pink 'skirt' using some Pale Pink Scallop Lace Trim and then gave her hat a pom-pom top with a Ivory Resin Dahlia Flower.


To pick up the snowflake theme from the inspiration photo, I added some delicious May Art White Satin Snowflake Trim to the bottom of my card - swoon!!!

 
And there you have it ... my snowman/flake inspired little card -- full of whimsey and fun!  The stamp sets are Paper Sweeties: Snow Friends, Friendship Warms the Heart, Stand Add-on 4 and Hand Stamped by:!


Please be sure to hop on over to The Ribbon Reel challenge blog to be inspired by the rest of the teamies projects for this week's challenge ... and then we hope you'll have time to play along for a chance to win some delicious-ness from The Ribbon Reel Shop!

Thanks for visiting today!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Hee Hee! So very cute! Love the Mr. and Mrs!

Keilly said...

Such a sweet card, I love the little lace tutu! x