Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Visions of Sugarplums Designer's Hop - Day Two!


Thank you to my sweet stampy friend, Lori Hairston, for hosting this fun, creative and inspiring holiday designer's hop and asking me to be a part of all the festivities!!  I hope you found some crafty goodness yesterday during day one of the event that you are going to give a try this season to create cards, gifts and home decor to deck your halls!

{Edit -- Day One Paper Sweeties winner:  Butterfly}


I have a couple of shabby projects to share today created using mini glass canning jars!  I adore creating gifts and home decor items using canning jars ... and I love to give handmade treats in glass canning jars too!  For today's first project, I made a shabby mini glass snowglobe!


First, I spray painted the metal ring with white paint and then covered the metal top with some holiday sheet music patterned paper with pretty white snowflakes on it!  I created a mini nosegay using a combination of paper and organza flowers, a couple of green berries, burlap leaves ... and then added a sentiment tag stamped using the Little Wishes and Sending Holiday Cheer stamp sets from Paper Sweeties!!  The addition of a pink button, button twine and a tiny gold jingle bell complete the top of this sweet little treat!


I adhered some pretty trim around the metal ring and then glued on some beautiful sage green pearls!  Inside the glass jar, I hot glued a green sparkly pine cone and then added some beautiful iridescent mica flake 'snow' to finish off this little bauble!

Edit:  This little snow globe jar was chosen as this week's Fabulous Friday Find over at The Ribbon Carousel challenge blog!!!  Thank you, ladies, for this special honor!!!

 
~~~~~~~~~~~


For today's second project, I created another sweet treat with a glass canning jar!  I decorated the top with lots of delicious trims, berries, glittered chipboard leaves and a heart, a blue marble, a couple of jingle bells painted pink, a button and some paper doilies in pink and white!


I adhered some gorgeous vintage lace around the rim of the jar and then wrapped a length of pink taffeta ribbon around to cover the top edge of the lace trim.


I die cut a tiny paper house and then stamped a sentiment using the Wagon Add-on 1 set from Paper Sweeties!  I tied the sentiment tag onto the nosegay with some blue baker's twine!


I filled the inside of my canning jar with pastel mint candies - yummy!


And here is the completed set of both little shabby jars -- ready for gift giving this holiday season!

Please be sure to hop along to the other designer's who have prepared projects for your inspiration today:

Lori
Lisa
You're here at Debbie's blog!
Mitra 
Beatriz 

Giveaways:
1 set of choice -  Moonlighting by Mary
  1 set of choice - Iralamija
    1 set of choice - Paper Sweeties™ LLC

What to do to be eligible for one of today's awesome prizes ... hop along to all the designer's blogs, leave a sweet comment along the way.  Winners of today's prizes will be announced tomorrow, so come back to see if you're one of the lucky winners!

Thanks so much for popping by today for a visit with me!  I'll be back again Thursday and Friday to share a couple more holiday inspired projects ... see you then!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #198 - altered Christmas
Ribbon Girl - December/Christmas
Really Reasonable Ribbons #61 - white/white + one
Tuesday Throwdown #126 - white Christmas
The Ribbon Carousel #75 - holiday spirit
Top Tip Tuesday #91 - Christmas
Fussy and Fancy #77- I love Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - anything

34 comments:

shelly said...

oh my how sweet are these! what awesome gift ideas debbie thanks so much for the inspiration :)

alethea said...

I love how you've decorated the jars!! They are gorgeous!! Anyone would love to receive them!! HUgsxx

May said...

Stunning project... I made a Christmas tree in a jar this week.. But I love your vintage look so much better.. Fantastic hop I am loving seeing all your wonderful work... Hugs May x x x

butterfly said...

How pretty, such a lovely gift idea... and your tiny pink bells are just adorable!
Alison x

Laurart said...

This is amazing! So adorable and would make a wonderful gift! xxxx

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Oh My Goodness - these are absolutely stunning - I love all the little details and the pastel colours. TFS

Lisa S. said...

Love 'em both Debbie and they are chock full of shabby goodness. Very inspiring, thanks!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so stinkin' sweet I can't stand it! You just drop gorgeousness on everything you touch Miss Debbie! You put so much love and thought in all your projects!

Jinny Newlin said...

What gorgeous, little gifts! Gosh, I adore all those scrumptious trims! LOVE!

Tammi said...

Love your idea, they are beautiful!

Lori said...

Oh, so very beautiful! Love glass jars and these are gorgeous. Happy Visions of Sugarplums!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are so pretty Debbie! I am in love with that little lace flower, and the doilies are divine! Gorgeous!

Nancy E said...

I love this blog and I would dearly love to win a prize from you. Keep up the good work!

Jingle said...

WOW! This is just stunning, Debbie! Love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Mynnette said...

Swoon! What elegant creations! LOVE all the beautiful sweet details and the soft tones. Just stunning! :)

Sharla said...

These are amazing! I love all the fun details on both projects!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What gorgeous little jars! Delightful!!!
Huggies & Sweet Blessings ~
Sharron♥

pattyo said...

Be still my heart! I just adore these beautiful little jars, Debbie. Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

How absolutely gorgeous, love every single element of your designthanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

..

Nancy E said...

I love your blog and FB postings. I would love to win a prize from you.

Lisa S. said...

Hi, I'm back to say thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Christmas challenge.

Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Good Luck!

Tracy said...

Adorable altered jar ideas Debbie. Thanks so much for sharing them on the hop.

Denise said...

Oh my this is absolutely stunning love it hugs xx

june lanum said...

Debbie these are gorgeous..............

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely stunning flowers and lace!! I love your gorgeous project!!Thanks for playing along with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenges! Hope you will join us again next week and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

Maria Matter said...

so very pretty Debbie!

Lisa M said...

Ohhhh this is joyous! I can think of at least 100 people who would LOVE this for the holidays. :) Thank you so much for sharing this on the VOSP. It's truly been inspirational and thank you so much for sharing it with us at Top Tip Tuesday too. :)
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Katie Sims said...

Squeal...this snow globe is precious! So glad you played in the Flourishes TT challenge this week so I could see this beauty!

Andrea said...

Your jars are lovely! thank you for joining us for the Ribbon Girl Christmas Challenge

Sazzle said...

I love these they are so beautifully decorated :-)

Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy for our "I Love Christmas" challenge - good luck!

xx Sazzle xx

Heather said...

These are just darling Debbie!! I love them both! I hope you have a great holiday!!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
Hugs
Heather

Bonnie said...

Very pretty projects! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful projects, love them!! Also LOVE the candy jar!!!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Bettina L. said...

Absolutely stunning christmas projects. Love the pastel design and use of lace too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for our final challenge this year. Bettina xx