Monday, December 3, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #143!


Hello sweeties and welcome!!  I'm super excited to share my card for this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge #143 - 'Pretty Baubles'!  Rebecca is our creative host this time and has chosen this amazing photo for inspiration and asks that we create a card or project inspired by the COLORS in the photo AND INCLUDE A BIRD!


This inspiration photo just speaks to my {heart}!!  I love the color palette of pink, aqua and cream - swoon!  My stamp room is decorated in these colors + apple green too!


I die cut a pink 3-D wreath and inked the edges to create a time-worn look.  I added pearls for 'berries' and then punched a little blue bird from patterned paper.  I gave him a sheet music wing layered with a snipett of crochet trim.  The nosegay was created using aqua tulle, Vintage Winter White and Pink Bubblegum seam binding, sugared berries and a sweet tag stamped using the Little Wishes and Believe! stamp sets from Paper Sweeties!


 So soft and feminine ... what do you think?


And here is one of my decorated holiday trees - so similar to this week's inspiration photo!  This tree is in the front of our home -- in the study and you can see it from the front windows of our house as you drive by - so sparkly and fun in it's candy theme and white irridescent branches!  And, Mickey and Minnie have been family favorites since we got these cutie patooties back in 1996 when my boys were just little tots!

Please be sure to pop on over and check out the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the teamies:

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebecca Deeprose - Paper Primrose

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tracey Kelly - Trace Elementz

... and then we hope you'll have time to give our 'Pretty Baubles' challenge a try for your chance to win one of two prize packages offered this week from:


and 


Thanks so much for visiting today!  Have a wonderful stampy day!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Ribbon Girl - December/Christmas
Fussy and Fancy #77- I love Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - anything

4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww, I just love your candy tree, Debbie! It is beautiful! And so is your card! Love that sweet little pink wreath with the nesting birdie!

~Tammy~ said...

OH MY GOSH! I HAVE A CANDY TREE!!! It's a slim tree too! Except mine is green! Yours is beautiful! I love the white.

Your wreath card is so beautiful! Looks so sweet and perfect for the inspiration this week! :-)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card Debbie!! So yummy!

Love your tree! I have a candy tree too! Some of the same ornaments as well! (From Target!)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Lisa M said...

I can't really think of words to describe how much I love your candy tree. All I can hear is the movie Elf running through my head..."Candy, candycanes, candycorns and syrup!" LOVE your tree. :)