Thursday, November 29, 2012

Let the December My Time Made Easy Release Peeks Begin!

 Hello friends and welcome to my blog today!  I'm so happy you're here because I have a sweet project to share with you all today that I recently designed for the December My Time Made Easy Release!!

Ready, set ... here we go!  Introducing:  Card Wrapper


 I am completely smitten with this adorable template and it couldn't be any easier to cut and assemble!  What a GREAT gift idea for those of us who love to make cards -- pretty packaging all rolled up in one sweet template ... ready for you to insert your handmade with love cards and give these as gifts to your family and friends!!


I couldn't help but put my shabby little spin on today's project by inking the edges of the template with paint, sewing on some pretty white crochet trim and then adding a few bits and bobs of treasures from my crafty baskets!  The sweet little bird was cut using the A Little Birdie cut file -- then I inked the edges, added a pearl for her eye and gave her a sheet music wing - LOVE!


And here is a side view of how the Card Wrapper template looks all loaded up with some yummy handmade cards -- ready for giving!


When your recipient unties the ribbon, inside she (or he) will find cards that she can use to send to her own family and friends.  For my project I created a set of four all-occasion cards using the Round Off stamp set along with the Fabulous Frames cut file!


The papers (gorgeous, aren't they??!!) are *new* Christmas Patina along with S'more Smores!


The cards, although layered with lots of goodness, came together relatively quickly assembly line style!


I added a couple of shabby elements such as paper doilies, red baker's twine, glittered chipboard pieces and yummy text ruffles ... just the right amount of goodies -- keeping in mind that they couldn't be too chunky so they would still fit into the Card Wrapper!


This was such a fun project to design and assemble ... I can see me making several more of these to keep on hand for instant gifts all year long!

Please be sure to visit these other designer's blogs for more wonderful inspiration projects they are sharing today:
And don't forget all the amazing ideas you'll find over at the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY too!!

I'll be back along with the rest of the teamies on Saturday for the BIG RELEASE PARTY ... you won't want to miss a single second of the fun!  See you then!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

7 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful as always Debbie! I love your mix of colors, patterns, and shabbiness! So lovely!

Farida Rone said...

Super CUTE Creations Debbie!!! I always love all you do.
Hugs,
Farida

{Chrissie} said...

This is just beautiful Debbie! I love the shabby chic style!

pattyo said...

Beautiful set!

Audrey Pettit said...

How fabulous! I just LOVE that card wrapper die and LOVE how you've dressed it up with your shabby goodness! Fabulous cards, too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely project Debbie. That card holder is a neat idea. Pretty papers and embellishments.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow Debbie!! This is fabulous!! So stunning! Love it!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa