Monday, October 29, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #138!


Hello my sweet stampy friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #138 - 'Hey Pumpkin!'!  Rebecca is our creative host this week and she has chosen the this adorable photo for inspiration!  Rebecca asks that we create a card or project based on the colors in the photo and include a flower!


I can't even begin to tell you how much FUN I had this week creating this card!  It has 'got to be' one of my all-time favorites ... so sweet with all the Paper Sweeties elements added to the scene -- perfectly delicious and all 3-D ... glittery, sparkly, adorable and FUN!  

I began by stamping Emma on vanilla card stock, coloring in her face and arms with SU! pastel chalks and then coloring her hair with Prisamark pencils and gamsol -- I added rosey cheeks with chalk and then gave her a scarecrow nose with markers.  I cut her out and adhered a couple of dimensionals to her backside.  I adhered two strips of Espresso grosgrain ribbon for the straps on her bodice and then created a puffy 'scarecrow' gown from Webster's Pages netting!  A running stitch along the top of three snipetts of netting allowed me to create the gathers.  I tied the dress onto Emma's little body with some satin ribbon and then stamped the sunflower from the Stand Add-on #2 set for her to hold in her hands!   The hat was stamped using the Best Witches! set -- onto patterned paper, cut out and glued on!


 To create the scene, I stamped three clouds from the Happy Fall Ya'll set onto polka dotted patterned paper and cute them out - using dimensionals on the third one to make it 'pop' out!  I stamped the cornstalk and two pumpkins from the Stand Add-on #3 set - cornstalk on yellow patterned paper, cut and adhere ... pumpkins on vanilla card stock and then colored with Prisma pensils & gamsol -- then sugared with glitter - yum!! 


I created some rolling hills with a couple of pieces of green patterned papers - dimensionals in between the layers to create some more texture.  And then to finish my little card, I stamped a sentiment from the Sweeties Wagon set onto a banner from Banner Wishes and adhered it to the card vertically for a little twist!

What do ya' think???  The photo does not do this 3-D card justice ... it's so dimensional and textured IRL :)  These would make A-DOR-ABLE fall party invitations!!!  Or how about a fall birthday?  So sweet ... Emma makes a very cute scarecrow -- she's ready for Halloween or a fall party!!

Please be sure to hop on over to check out the other Shabby Girls inspiration this week using some more sets from Paper Sweeties:

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebecca Deeprose - Paper Primrose

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tracey Kelly - Trace Elementz
... and then we hope you'll have time to play along with our 'Hey Pumpkin!' challenge this week for your chance to win TWO FREE STAMP SETS from the Paper Sweeties Shoppe!!

 

Thank you so much for stopping by my lil 'ol bloggity blog today!  Have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:
There She Goes #179 - pumpkin spice
Stamptacular Sunday #187 - not an ordinary card
The Ribbon Girl - fall colors
Fussy and Fancy #74 - anything
The Ribbon Carousel #73 - Halloween w/ribbon or twine
Tuesday Throwdown #121 - Halloween
Really Reasonable Ribbons #58 - Halloween w/ribbon
Top Tip Tuesday #88 - Halloween
Cupcake Inspirations #184 - photo inspiration - pumpkins
 

15 comments:

Tracey said...

So adorable Debbie....I love the cute scene you have created with your pretty Sweetie:)
ps.I've just placed an order

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Sooo sweet Debbie! Love her costume and the scene you've set~ adorable!

Starr said...

Debbie she is soooo cute! I love the little dress, it's amazing out you can personalize each little sweetie! I love the new fall release!
Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay! Here is that adorable card you were telling me about! How CA-UTE, Debbie! That is the photo I was thinking about.....seen it before on Pinterest and just died over it. And wow, did you ever do it justice with your fabulous design! Your scarecrow girl could not be any cuter. Love the little scene you made, too!

Lea L. said...

This is adorable, Debbie! I love her little tulle skirt!!

Charlene said...

I LOVE that trim with the hearts on it ( I need some :-)and the card is adorable!! I pinned that picture a few months back , it is so adorable and I love that you used it as inspiration!! I really need to get back to TSTR challenges....If I didn't have to work full-time....A real drag lol!!!!!!

Tina said...

beautiful card, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Lisa S. said...

Awesome interpretation of the inspiration photo. Your witch looks just like the adorable little girl in the photo and I adore those sugary pumpkins and her tulle skirt. Thanks for joining us this week at Make It Monday!

Penny said...

Awesome! Ooooh, I love this card. The detail you put into it is unreal! It looks just like that cute little girl--love the darling image, her dress, the scene with those cute clouds, corn stalk & pumpkins. My goodness, this is a treasure and thank you for sharing it with us at Stamptacular Sunday! Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny
P.S. This would perfectly fit our challenge at The Outlawz Greetings card, too! :^)

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Rene said...

My goodness, could that little girl be any cuter?!?
Your card is fabulous...I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
Rene :D

Jessica said...

Such a sweet card, love the warm colours! Your interpretation of the photo is wonderful!
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular sunday challenge, hope to see you again next week! :)

Hugs Jessica

Torico said...

What an adorable card! Love the dress!!
Thank you for playing along with us at TSG challenge this week!

Danielle C said...

What a super cute card! I love all the dimension and you did a fabulous job recreating the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Danielle:)

Bettina L. said...

Such a sweet card for halloween. Love the design with the paper pieced clouds and her dress too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx