Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #40!

 Hello friends and welcome to my blog today!  What did you do today -- anything special and fun?  I hope it involved something stampy and creative!   Let me know :)


 I'm here today to share a little something I recently created for The Ribbon Reel #40 - Rainbows!  We are to create a card or project using colors from the rainbow and include ribbon/twine - easy peesy!!


I made a rainbow banner using yummy buttons from The Ribbon Reel Shop - delicious!!   My button banner is strung on some natural button twine and anchored with two mini clothes pins


I adhered a paper heart doilie on top of a plain brown kraft little bitty bag - which I machine sewed around the edges for texture.  I added a couple of pops of small aqua pom-pom trim along the edge of my rainbow patterned paper ... and then created a tag to pull out of the bitty bag!  I stamped the sentiment using the Paper Sweeties You Are Simply The Best set and rouched a bit of hot pink sheer ruffle edge ribbon.  I tied some more natural button twine around the rouched hot pink ribbon and attached a gold charm.  Lastly, I added a snipett of turquoise center stitched grosgrain to the top of the tag. 


Please visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to check out the bright and cheery, rainbow inspiration from the rest of the teamies this week ... and then we hope you'll have time to play along for your chance to win some goodness from The Ribbon Reel Shop!

Thanks for popping in today!!

Hugs!
xoxox

Mojo Monday #264 - sketch (sideways)
Paper Issues - Believe in Yourself/Pink

4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, what a fabulous take on a rainbow challenge! I tell you, I'm always way tooo challenged by rainbow designs, but your take is just brilliant, and so beautiful! Love that button banner, and love the little flower thrown in, too. Gorgeous shabby design with the kraft and doily, also!

Jeanne J said...

Wow Debbie this is beautiful! I love the lacy doily and all the pretty colors of the buttons and flowers! Stunning!

Paper Issues said...

Hi Debbie! thanks for sharing this gorgeous card on Paper Issues....I've highlighted it on todays blog post ;)

Keilly said...

So beautiful Debbie, I love the little button bunting, so cute! x