Monday, September 24, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #133!


Hello sweeties and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #133 - 'The White Challenge'!  This week Lenet is our creative host and she is challenging us to create a card or project inspired by this beautiful photo and to USE WHITE PLUS ONLY ONE ADDITIONAL COLOR (you may include additional neutrals such as cream, kraft, brown or black)!


For my project this week, I used white, cream, kraft, black and brown ... and my ONE additional color is orange!  I filled a white polka dotted kraft bag with a couple of yummy fall goodies and then tied a length of tea-stained hem tape around the top of the bag.  I attached a cute tag stamped using the Little Wishes and Too Cute To Spook stamp sets from Paper Sweeties and then tied it onto the bow with a rusty jingle bell and twill button twine.


I added a delicious glittered jack-o-lantern sticker - so sparkly and pretty!!  For the stem, I found a stick in my backyard and hot glued it onto the top of the pumpkin.  I adhered an organza flower, a pearl trinket pin and a couple of leaves made from cream canvas.  To finish my sweet treat fall bag, I added a couple scrap pieces of vintage lace trim, pearls and a white paper doile ... and then I stamped the 'Happy Halloween' sentiment using the Spooky Wishes stamp set from Paper Sweeties and machine sewed a zig-zag stitch along the bottom of the kraft bag.


A little bit of spooky ... and a lotta sweet!  This was so much fun to make ... I think I'll make a couple more to give to friends this fall season :)

You won't want to miss a single project that the Shabby Girls designed this week for your inspiration and crafting enjoyment ...

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebecca Deeprose - Paper Primrose

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tracey Kelly - Trace Elementz

... and then we hope you'll give our 'White Challenge' a try this week for your chance to win TWO FREE STAMP SETS from the Paper Sweeties Shoppe!

Thank you very much for stopping by today :)  Have a wonderful stampy day, my friends!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo 

Challenges for this project:

Catered Crop - knot
The Ribbon Carousel #71 - fall into fall
Really Reasonable Ribbons #56 - autumn colors & ribbon
Paper Issues - fall 'n for flair

10 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is way too cute! Love the goody bag! Perfect for treats on Halloween!

Thank you so much for allowing me to guest design this month in the Tea Room.

Rebekah said...

super awesome treat bag.. it's lovely!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so fun, Debbie! Such a precious, little package, and I adore that polka dot bag and your rusty jingle bell. Please do tell where they come from. LOVE!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love, LOVE this adorable pumpkin treat bag!

Jeanne J said...

Gorgeous Debbie! Love the sparkly pumpkin and the little bitty heart tag! Great way to show someone how special they are to you!

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous treat bag, Debbie! So elegant. Love the bell! Thanks for sharing this in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge this month!

Bea und Doreen said...

gorgeous paper bag. looks so elegant.
Many thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Bonnie said...

Beautiful gift bag! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

awwwwwwwwww this is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for parti. in rrr challenge

Linda McClain said...

You are amazing! I love it! That jack-o-lantern just gets me!