Monday, September 3, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #130 - 'Labor of Love'


HAPPY LABOR DAY!!

Hello friends ... welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #130 - 'Labor of Love'!  I am our host this week and I have chosen this absolutely gorgeous photo for our inspiration ... isn't it pretty!!  I'm asking everyone to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS in the photo and INCLUDE A BANNER!!


I created a sweet little red, white and blue card ... perfect for the US Labor Day Holiday today!!  My brother in laws are ex-marine/airforce, so I always have a need for military inspired masculine cards!  

I began by layering some pretty blue patterned paper onto my card base and secured it with machine sewing.  I created my banner using the Pennant Party stamp set releasing at Paper Sweeties on September 15th!  So adorable!!  Next, I printed out the Ornate Frame image from Robyn's Fetish, cut out the middle and backed it with some pretty red and cream stripped patterned paper from SU!  I tied a piece of pretty navy blue polka dotted grosgrain ribbon from The Ribbon Reel around the card base and added a red glittered chipboard star, button & twine and a stamped tag ...


My little solider boy is a brand new boy sweetie named Jake - releasing on September 15th at Paper Sweeties!  He is dressed in his 'Sunday Best' stamped from the You're My Hero set - also releasing on the 15th - which also includes the 'Hoo-rah' sentiment.  


I am smitten with how this little card turned out ... so patriotic and fun!!

Please be sure to visit the other Shabby Girls' blogs to check out their amazing inspiration this week:

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tammy Roberts - Paperie Sweetness

... and then I hope you'll give our 'Labor of Love' challenge a try for your chance to win one of two prize packages offered this week from Robyn's Fetish and Paper Sweeties!

Thanks for visiting with me here today!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
JUGS #152 - sketch
Moxie Fab World - focal point challenge
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
The Pink Elephant #164 - patterned paper


6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so darn cute, Debbie! I love the patriotic design and your new Jake is just adorable. Love the papers and frame and the hanging banner. The Hoo Rah tag is the perfect finishing touch.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card Debbie!! Love that sweet image and the adorable banner!

Hope all is well with you!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Maria Levine said...

What a wonderful card! I love it! And great take on the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along with JUGS!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Love this, Debbie! Those new stamps of yours are TOO cute! Thanks for playing along with us at The PInk Elephant!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, I love the soldier boy (of course being a military wife) and your card is fabulously designed! So happy to be guesting in the tea room this month! :-))))

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)