Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #36!


Hello sweet friends!!  I'm here today to share a little something I designed for The Ribbon Reel #36 - 'Vintage Vibe'!  This week we are asked to create a card or project inspired by the photo using BLACK, WHITE, A POP OF PINK and INCLUDE RIBBON & TWINE!


I pulled out my treasure basket of goodies from The Ribbon Reel Shop and got straight to work!  I am in LOVE with this beautiful color palette ... of course it 'had me' at PINK :)  

I inked the base of white card stock with pink paint and then machine sewed a gorgeous piece of black flocked damask patterned paper using a zig-zag stitch.  Next I added two beautiful Rosey Baby Pink Tea Roses.  The next layer is another piece of white card stock -- I stamped the sentiment using the So Sweet of You set from Paper Sweeties (releasing 9/15), embossed the card stock layer with polka dots and then machine sewed this layer down to the base.  The next layer is a pretty ribbon ruffle created using some lovely Pink Cotton Twill Tape, machine sewed to secure.  And last, I added a black button onto which I layered a tag stamped using an image and sentiment from the Little Wishes set from Paper Sweeties (releasing 9/15) and tied it onto the button with Cotton Candy Pink Baker's Twine.


The photo of this card doesn't really do it any justice ... it's really so much prettier IRL.  The flocked damask is stunning against the crisp white and pops of pink!  What a fun card to create!!

Please be sure to hop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the teamies this week, and then we hope you'll give our 'Vintage Vibe' challenge a try for your chance to win an awesome prize package from The Ribbon Reel Shop!

Thanks for peeking in today!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
JUGS #152 - sketch
Moxie Fab World - focal point challenge
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Catered Crop - pink

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Debbie, this is so beautiful. I love the colors!

Angela Crandall said...

Pretty card! Stopping by from the Catered Crop Challenge. Love the damask.

Lynn said...

Great take on the sketch challenge...love the colors and the gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Ren-Yi said...

what a fun pleated ribbon! love that beautiful embellishment.

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Print VIP cards said...

What a stunning card. So beautiful design which inspire me so much. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.