Monday, September 17, 2012

The Kraft Journal #88!

Hello friends and welcome to my blog today!  I'm happy to share a little something I created for The Kraft Journal #88 - 'Lavish Layers' challenge!!  I hope you enjoy my card :)

I began my design with a base of Buff Ivory Card Stock inked around the edges.  For the second layer, I inked the edges of a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Card Stock and then layered a piece of Decorative Tape and a couple pieces of patterned papers, machine sewing around all the edges.  I added a pretty paper doilie and then tied some Red Baker's Twine around the middle of the card.  I stamped a heart image and sentiment from the Paper Sweeties Little Wishes set, tied it onto the Red Baker's Twine and added a Tiny Colored Wooden  Clothespin.

I created an envelope made from polka dotted pattern paper and inside I inserted a heart die cut from Cork onto which I machine sewed a snipett of lace trim.  I cut out two leaves from Vintage Dictionary Pages and then adhered them along with a white felt flower.  Last, I added two Garnet Stick Pins to the top of the nosegay to complete my layered design.

And there you have it my stampy friends ... a lavishly layered little card!!

Please be sure to pop on over to The Kraft Journal challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the talented teamies!!

I hope you'll have time this week to join in on the fun of our 'Lavish Layers' challenge for your chance to win an awesome prize package from The Kraft Outlet Shop!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:
Paper Issues - Tag You're It
Catered Crop - knot

5 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I am just smitten with all those layers! The envelope is perfect with the goodies, and the stick pins are a fav of mine on any card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Debbie, this card is filled with fabulous details...I love it! Hgus ~S~

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Beautiful, Debbie! Lovely layers, indeed! I love how you used the decorative tape in the background with the sweet papers, and love that little envelope with the cork heart. Fab!

~amy~ said...

oh my...such delish layers of goodness! Thanks so much for linking up to Paper Issues!

Betty Wright said...

Debbie, I just saw your card at the Kraft Journal and had to pop over to tell you how gorgeous it is. Love all the layers, the little heart with envy and all your other special touches. Beautiful!