Monday, September 3, 2012

The Kraft Journal #86!

Click HERE for today's My Time Made Easy post.
Click HERE for today's Shabby Tea Room Post.

 Hello sweeties and welcome to The Kraft Journal #86 - 'Shape It Up'!  I took this opportunity of our shaped challenge this week to get a jump start on my Halloween cards and paper crafting ... I hope you enjoy my little inspiration project created using a yummy handful of goodies from The Kraft Outlet Shop :)


 To begin, I cut the Perfect Pumpkin from My Time Made Easy using my Cricut and inked the edges with Twill paint to create a time-worn look.  Next I added a paper doilie and spooky purple patterned paper ruffle -- a machine zig-zag stitch was added to hold the paper ruffle in place.  I added a tiny black metal clip to the end of the ruffle for balance of my design. 


 I created an adorable 'boo' banner using three Banner Chipboard Pieces, Black Baker's Twine and Black Banner Stickers.  The banner is attached to the pumpkin card using Black Wooden Clothespins.  I next cut a piece of Burlap to create the stem and then added two Pewter Stick Pins, a snipett of Adelaide Seam Binding and some Natural Hemp Cord to complete my design.


 Inside, I stamped this adorable little sentiment using the Best Witches! set releasing at Paper Sweeties on September 15th!


And while I was in a pumpkin frame of mind, I created a sweet treat gift box filled with Peanut Butter Lindor Truffles along with Abigail dressed in her Halloween pumpkin costume ('Too Cute To Spook' coming 9/15) ... ready for a fun night of trick or treating!!  Her trick or treat bag handle is some yummy Black Baker's Twine from The Kraft Outlet Shop!!


Boo Bag and Perfect Pumpkin are cut files from My Time Made Easy.

Please be sure to stop by The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog to check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the teamies ... and then we hope you'll give our 'Shape It Up' challenge a try for your chance to win some wonderful goodness from The Kraft Outlet Shop!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
The Pink Elephant #164 - patterned paper

3 comments:

Beth Moore said...

I absolutely ADORE the shaped card Debbie, and the whole set with your Paper Sweeties stamps is just amazing... beautiful, beautiful work my friend!!

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh.......you know I LOVE this set, Debbie! :) Those pumpkins are so, so sweet! Love the ruffled paper trim and banner swag you made, and love the burlap and seam binding stem. Such a fabulous little treat box, too, and your Paper Sweetie in her pumpkin costume is the cutest thing evah!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just too adorable! I am so tickled to be designing with you at TKJ!