Monday, August 27, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #129!


Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #129 - Summer Cottage'!  Starr is our creative host this week and she has provided this lovely photo for inspiration.  Starr is asking us to create a card or project using the COLORS FROM THE PHOTO, DISTRESSING/SHABBY ELEMENTS and a TITLE or SENTIMENT! 

We are doubled sponsored again this week in the Tea Room, so I'll be sharing two little things I created using the yummy goodies provided by our generous sponsors!
First up I have this pretty little card I created using a digital file created especially for the Tea Room challenge this week by Heather Hudson for her My Artistic Adventures Etsy Shop


I used the pink and blue labels from the digital file along with another pretty little floral and polka dotted pattern piece from which I cut leaves for the satin bloom!


Stamped sentiments are from the You Make Me Smile set available at Paper Sweeties!

For my second project, I got to design with the Shabby Chic Banners digital image set created by Janet for her Digital Papers by Janet Etsy Shop!!


I love me a banner and have them hanging all over my house .. they make me smile when I walk by and get to peek at them each day!!  This banner is no exception ... I'm adoring it's soft pink, blue and cream color palette.


These banner pieces are truly breathtaking ... so soft, shabby and stunning!


After creating a backing for the digital banner pennants and distressing them with twill paint, I added some bits and bobs of lace and vintage trims, Lacey Blueberry seam binding and pretty paper blooms from Prima.  


To finish my banner, I added six inspiring sentiments using the You Are Fabulous, Mahalo! and You Make Me Smile stamp sets from Paper Sweeties

Please be sure to visit the other Shabby Girls to check out their amazing inspiration projects this week:

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tammy Roberts - Paperie Sweetness

... and then the Shabby Girls hope you'll have time to give our 'Summer Cottage' challenge a try for your chance to win one of the awesome prizes donated by our sponsors this week!

And don't forget about the DESIGN TEAM CALL going on now in the Tea Room.  Please visit the Tea Room blog for complete details ... call ends September 2nd.

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for these projects:  
Stamptacular Sunday #178 - roses & ribbons
Catered Crop - distressing



4 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Ohhhh Debbie, I want to take that banner home!!! Love it and love the sentiments! Two absolutely terrific projects, but banners/buntings melt my heart and yours is such a beauty!!!!! Another fabulous challenge!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really beautiful, shabby creations, Debbie! Adorable card! And WOW on that banner!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I am never disappointed when I visit your blog, Debbie. You've always got beautiful inspiration here. :)

Stephanie said...

gorgeous projects...the colors are so lovely! I love the sentiment. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥