Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #35!


Hello sweeties and welcome to The Ribbon Reel #35!  This week we are asked to make a 'baby themed' card inspired by the photo COLORS and add a banner or pennant!  FUN!!

I started my design by coming through my treasures baskets of goodies from The Ribbon Reel Shop!


I began by machine stitching a piece of patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Tea For Two paper pad to the white card stock base of  my card.  Next I added a couple snipetts of 12 mm Guipure White Lace trim and 50 mm Guipure White Lace trim -- LOVE!


Next I added some white floral trim onto which I adhered a pretty Blue Tile seam binding bow and a lovely White Cotton button.   I adhered a baby buggy sticker and a couple of matching stars along with another Medium Candy Stripe Blue/White button.  To finish off the front of this card, I stamped 'Hello Baby' onto a piece of white card stock cut in the shape of a pennant and attached it to the floral trim section with a sewing pin. 


Inside I added a 'Congratulations!' sentiment ... 


... and finished the back of the card off by personalizing it with a 'Hand Stamped by:' sentiment.  All stamp sets from Paper Sweeties.

Please be sure to pop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to check out the lovely inspiration created by the rest of the teamies, and then I hope you'll have time to give our 'Baby Theme' challenge a try for your chance to win some awesome goodies from The Ribbon Reel Shop!

Thanks for peeking!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  

3 comments:

pattyo said...

This is so pretty, Debbie! I love that lace and the ribbon flowers.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, I love the pram die cut, and the pretty lace trim, beautiful!

Helen said...

Absolutely beautiful card Debbie - love all the beautiful ribbon trims and snippets of my two favourite guipure lace! How cute is that little pram sticker and those little stars!! so sweet!!