Monday, August 27, 2012

The Kraft Journal #85!

 Hello sweeties and welcome to The Kraft Journal #85 - 'Back To School'!  I love to create adorable little projects with a school theme, so today's project was super fun to work on!  I went through my treasure baskets of goodies from The Kraft Outlet Shop and set to work creating this sweet miniature black board and cork board ... enjoy peeking!


 I began my design with a piece of cardboard backing from a box onto which I adhered pieces of a Chalkstock Post Card and Corkstock Tile.  Next I covered four popsicle sticks with Lille Paper Tape and adhered them to the base to create a frame around the blackboard.  I created a pretty little banner using Banner Chipboard Pieces and Black Banner Stickers.  Next, I stamped A-B-C's onto the fronts of the banner pieces and then strung them at the top of the blackboard using Red Baker's Twine and cute Tiny Colored Wooden Clothespins.  


I added a mini report card to the cork board created using a piece of Yellow Library Card onto which I stamped an 'A+', adhered a glittered gold star and tacked it onto the cork board with a Garnet Stick Pin.  I added a pretty little ruffle at the bottom of the cork board using Ruler Twill Tape and finished my board off by adding a Metal Hinge Clip.  


I added a piece of Natural Twill Tape at the top of my project so it could be hung, and lastly I used Buff Ivory Card Stock to stamp an adorable little girl ready for her first day of school holding a set of books tied on with Natural Hemp Cording.  Stamped images are Abigail, So Proud of You, Alphas-Upper and Alphas-Lower from Paper Sweeties.


This project was SO MUCH FUN to create ... I hope you'll hop right over to The Kraft Journal to check out the inspiration from the rest of the teamies and then give our 'Back To School' challenge a try for your chance to win some awesome goodies from The Kraft Outlet Shop!

Thanks for stopping by to visit today ... have a wonderful stampy day, my friends!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:
Cupcake Insprirations #175 - Back to the books
Paper Issues - Apple for the teacher
Fussy and Fancy #70 - Back to school


10 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, how adorable, Debbie! And wow did you ever rock the Kraft Outlet goodies here! This is truly fabulous!

Tina said...

wow this is amazing, i love it...thanks for sharing at cucpake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Jill Norwood said...

Debbie this is so sweet!!!! Love the details especially the chalkboard and your sweetie!!!

Kelly said...

How fun!! I love the chalk/corkboard!
Thanks for linking up over at www.paperissues.com

Hazel said...

This is fun - lovely card - thanks for joining in with the Tuesday Throwdown 'hip to be square' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

What a sweet back to school creation! Just wonderful.

Thanks for joining us as Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Zulma said...

Beautiful! nice colors, image and d/p's. TFS with us at Cupcake inspirations.
Zulma

Jeanne J said...

Debbie, This is beautiful! Love all the gorgeous details and all the pretty embellishments!

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous back to school project Debbie, love the cute little girl...
Thanks for joining in with us at Fussy and Fancy.

luv CHRISSYxx

butterfly said...

Such a cute project - love the bunting and blackboard!
Alison x