Friday, August 31, 2012

Let the My Time Made Easy peeks begin!!

 My how time flies when you're having FUN!  It seems like I was here just yesterday sharing projects for the August release at My Time Made Easy ... and here we are sharing for September already!  Before we know it the holidays will be nipping at our toes, so we best get on with it and take a look at the project I've prepared for today ... I hope it inspires you to create something fun and unexpected!!

Introducing the:  MUSH-ROOM HOUSE template!


What was that you said ... this doesn't look like a mushroom to you??!!  Well, I promised something unexpected and here you go!  I decided to turn the roof of the Mushroom House upside down and create a pretty little candy dish out of it!  I embossed all the side panels with my favorite Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder from SU!, inked the edges with cream paint to create a time-worn look and then assembled the bowl -- easy peesy!!  I added the scalloped border along the top and then cut out the smallest scallop bottom to the 3-Tier template and adhered it to the bottom of my candy dish for stability.


I wrapped some Ambrosia Cantalope seam binding around the top of the candy dish and then created a pretty little nose gay with more seam binding, to include Pink Bubblegum, a pretty little paper bloom from The Ribbon Reel and some delicious glittered chipboard leaves!  I filled my candy dish with Peanut Butter Lindor Truffles ... soooo yummy :)


And next, I turned the base of the Mushroom House into a vase to coordinate with the candy dish!  I used the same embossing technique on the vase as I did on the candy dish, wrapped a couple of snipetts of seam binding around the top of the vase to create another pretty nose gay, popped some pretty silk roses into the vase and created a flower 'pick' which I stamped using images from the Well Preserved acrylic stamp set - love!

 'Handpicked ... just for you' --
  I used a scalloped punch on the sentiment 
& adhered it to a wooden skewer.
  So pretty in real life ... perfect for gift giving!  Great for co-workers, neighbors, teachers, secretaries!

I love the base of the Mushroom House as a vase ... birthdays, anniversaries, and so on!!!   So pretty as table decorations at your next tea party or shower!!!


And here is my {sweet} little set ... yummy and pretty all at the same time!  So, what do you think?  A little unexpected, right??!!

Please be sure to visit these other teamies blogs to check out their amazing inspiration using the Mushroom House template today:


... and then be sure to come back tomorrow for the BIG SEPTEMBER RELEASE PARTY at MY TIME MADE EASY!!

For some additional inspiration, you can find tons of creative ideas at the MY TIME MADE EASY DESIGNER'S GALLERY!!

See ya'll tomorrow, my friends ... until then, happy stamping!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
Top Tip Tuesday #84 - birthday gift
Stamptacular Sunday #178 - roses & ribbons
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes


10 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

yep ... you have definitely thought outside the square - that vase is absolutely perfect for gift giving.

Farida Rone said...

Waooo!!! Debbie,
These are wonderful creations. Just love it!
Hugs,
Farida

Julia Aston said...

What a creative use of Lauren's mushroom template! love the colors and papers you used!

Elaine Stark said...

These are beautiful, a great idea. Both make ideal gifts. Thanks for joining top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

alienanessa said...

Good gravy lady, these creations are great! How cool that you did something different with them to show us the mushroom's versatility!!

Tina said...

Super cool! Love your textures and colors, so soft and pretty!

Samantha said...

Fabulous Idea's with stacks of potential to make these in all sorts if styles love it, thanks for sharing with TTT this time, hugs Samantha x

Annette said...

Gorgeous vase, what a great gift idea.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Jingle said...

These are so neat! I really love the vase! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Joy said...

What a gorgeous gift set, love the embossed features... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog