Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tomorrow's the day ...

The Paper Sweeties are coming August 1st!!! 

 
Well, the time has finally arrived that I can let you all in on a little something I've been working on 'behind the scenes' since June of 2010!  I came up with the idea of designing some acrylic stamps of sweet little dolls with adorable interchangeable outfits and it's taken me this long to get things off the ground!

I spent a lot of time researching what it would take to get my designs from concept to production.  Then I spent a good amount of time trying to find just the right illustrator to make my visions a reality.  In the end, after working with several illustrators, it was not coming together as planned, so during the spring of this year I decided to give designing a try myself ... and I'm so glad I did!

I'm very pleased to say that I was successful in teaching myself to draw the illustrations on my own.  What they say is very true ... when you have the right equipment, it makes life easier!

I was blessed to find a very talented web designer who created the most amazing web site for my shop ... so adorable and sweet -- lots of pink and cuteness -- a great compliment to my little Paper Sweeties!  He also created a Design Team blog where the Paper Sweeties designers and I will be sharing pretty little things we create along the way to help inspire you too!

I've also been blessed with the most supportive friends who have encouraged me along the way to never give up and go after my dream.  I would be remiss if I didn't thank Susan, Joanna and Lauren!  I also want to thank my son, Brandon, for his technical support and my husband for his never-ending support and 'you can do it' attitude :)

Then the real work began ... in May of this year I began to illustrate my design concepts and submitted them to a stamp manufacturer for production!!  It was like  Christmas morning when the first packages arrived with my little Sweeties in them ... what a proud moment ... I'm a very proud Mama!

Much more work behind the scenes over the past three months making everything come together in order to launch the company on August 1st ... meetings with printers, designs for sleeve inserts, shipping research, contacting manufacturers for bags and mailers.  I never imagined how much work it really takes to launch and run a company ... but in the end I am so tickled with everything and cannot wait to share my Sweeties with you all :)

Then, the big task of choosing 'just the right' designers to join my design team ... oh my shabby goodness, wait until you see who is on the team and what they have designed for your inspiration.  Truly a wildly talented group of artists and I'm beyond excited that they all accepted my invitation to design with the Sweeties!  You're in for such a treat each month when you see their work!

So, tomorrow is the BIG day!  I'll be back here first thing to announce the Creative Design Team Artists as well as share links with you for the Paper Sweeties Shoppe, Facebook Fan Page, Flickr Group and Pinterest Boards!

We will be doing a bit of a staggered release in August to introduce you to a couple new sets each day on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the month.  The Design Team will be sharing projects on their blogs on the 1st, 14th, 15th and 16th.  Our full release will happen on the 15th of the month.  We will be offering FREE SHIPPING for our grand opening special on August 15th and 16th.  We will also be offering a prize of two free stamp sets of winner's choice to those who 'like' our Facebook Fan Page, so be sure to check back here tomorrow for all the links!

I'm so excited to share my dream with you!

See you tomorrow ... and until then, happy stamping my friends!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh Debbie, I am so excited for you! I commend you on following your dream and working hard to make sure it came true. You "should" be proud!Congratulations, sweetie!! I wish you much success!

Jeanne J said...

Congratulations Debbie! Wishing your dreams fruition and unlimited success!

Susan Hustace said...

Congratulations Debbie! We knew you could do it - believing is seeing isn't it? Thank you for the honorable mention, but the hard work goes to you, my dearest friend. Inspire on!

Jacki Randolph said...

How exciting Debbie!!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see the sweet things you will be sharing with us!!! Looking forward to the grand opening!!!

Rebekah said...

YAAAY! Can't WAIT Debbie! This will be amazing:D

daisydilly (vicki) said...

I'll be eagerly awaiting!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Debbie - I am so excited for you! What an exciting and wonderful accomplishment for all of your hard work! Enjoy your accomplishments!