Monday, July 30, 2012

Let the August My Time Made Easy Peeks Begin!

 Hello friends!!  Welcome to the first day of peeks for the My Time Made Easy August Release!  I'm so excited to share my projects with you!!

 Introducing ... Grammy's Sewing Kit!


PRECIOUS ... right??!!  LOVE!!!  This template looks intricate and involved, but it couldn't be easier to assemble - one large box and two small boxes - easy peesy!


I used a combination of Buttons 'n Bits and Grammy's Pretty Patterns paper to decorate the outsides of my boxes ... and then added a sweet felt blossom with stitched leaves!!


The smaller boxes cantilever out to reveal the inside of the large box ...


... perfect for holding all kinds of treasures!  For my project I cut four Ribbon Card cut files and wound some pretty pastel organza ribbon around them.  The four card spools fit perfectly inside the large sewing box bottom.


I added some sweet bits and bobs of butterflies and blossoms to the smaller boxes and viola ... the perfect gift for a crafty friend!


I created a matching card to go along with my sewing basket gift using the Spool of Thread cut file - so cute!!   I decorated the front of the card using several images from the Grammy's Sewing Kit Digital Stamp Set as well as the Monogram's Defined Acrylic Stamp Set. 


Some inking around all the edges to create a time-worn look and the addition of some pretty Pomegranate satin ribbon, a paper doilie and a couple more felt blooms, leaves and buttons complete this sweet card!


And there you have it my friends ... a gift pretty enough to give -- or keep!!!  Mine is going to a dear neighbor friend of mine who pet & house sat for us the past couple of days while we took a quick three-day trip down to GA to visit our youngest son.  He is working down there for six months on an internship program for college ... I miss him so much!  My neighbor is a paper crafter/quilter and I am sure she can make use of these craft and sewing supplies and will really appreciate this sewing themed gift set!

Be sure to hop on over to check out the inspiration from some of the rest of the teamies today:

Lauren Meader
Debbie Marcinkiewicz
Farida Rone
Lisa Kind
Tina Hale

And don't forget to check out the amazing inspiration at the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY!

I'll be back again on Wednesday to share a project I created for the August Release ... see you then!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

9 comments:

Diane said...

What a beautiful set, and a perfect gift for your neighbor, she will love it!!

melissac said...

This is awesome!! I love your color choice!! You are always inspiring!! Blessings!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Debbie, this is phenomenal!!!!! I LOVE it! Great choices for patterns and colors and sweet as can be!

Queen Mary said...

Debbie, this is fantastic! Love the bits and bobs you've added!

Tangii said...

Love that spool!!! :)

Farida Rone said...

Waooo! Debbie, as always, your projects are super cute. I just love what you did.
Hugs,
Farida

alienanessa said...

You did one heckuva job on this! Absolutely beautiful, and I personally thank you for all the wonderful photos you posted of your amazing project!!

Tina said...

Absolute perfection! so lovely!

Lori said...

Your set is so pretty! Love the flower on your basket and your card is beautiful!