Friday, June 1, 2012

My Time Made Easy Release Day: A Little Bit S'more!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to my lil 'ol bloggity blog today!  I am beyond excited to share a little something I recently created for today's June My Time Made Easy Release!  Sit back, relax and enjoy peeking!!!

 Introducing ... TRENDY TURTLE!



Yes, another out-of-the-box project for me today ... when I first saw this sweet template, the immediate thing that came to my mind are my beloved hydrangea bushes that are happily living throughout my yard!  They are my very favorite flower in the entire world, so I was tickled to convert the shell of the turtle into a hydrangea bloom ... LOVE!!!


Just look at this pretty lady in her full bloom glory!


After I assembled the turtle shell, I punched some scalloped circles in two different sizes, crumpled them up to soften and give the illusion of a flower petal and adhered a tiny white satin flower in the center of each flower.  All the flower blooms were attached to the shell base to create one 'snowball' hydrangea bloom!  Next I printed a sheet of Aqua Picnic from the S'more S'mores paper set and die cut a butterfly, added pearls and trinket pins and ... viola!!


For the coordinating card, I stamped a sentiment using the Monograms Defined acrylic set and die cut another smaller butterfly using the Aqua Picnic sheet from the S'more S'mores collection again.


The smaller hydrangea bloom and leaves on my card were created using punches from McGill. The dimension on this project is incredible!!


 And there you have it my stampy friends ... a lovely little project and something a bit unexpected!

Please be sure to stop by each of the teamies' blogs today to check out their projects for the Release Party today:


And don't forget that there is always lots of lovely inspiration in the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY!

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll have another new project to share with you tomorrow, so please come back for a little look-sie!  Until then, happy stamping!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

 

11 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

What a sweet, sweet gift set! Congrats on Gallery Idol Top 20!!! Good luck :)

Wida said...

Congrats on making top 20! Oh, ANSI adore your hydrangeas, they look so real!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Congratulations on the GI Top 20! Woo hoo!

Farida Rone said...

OMG!!! Dabbie,
This is a great bucket of flowers. Great idea. Congrats on making the top 20 on the Paper Crafts Gallery.
Hugs,
Farida

Dana said...

Wow!! I love the hydrangeas!!! Congrats on Gallery Idol top 20!! Can;t wait to see more!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! Those flowers are gorgeous! Just wanted to stop by and say congrats on Gallery Idol! What a great way to end the week, huh?

Joanna M. said...

Super cute Debbie! Love it! Hugs, J

cheiron said...

Congrats on making Gallery Idol Top 20! Love this flower basket you have made!

Lori said...

So very pretty and such a smart take on the turtle shell!

Jani Lewis said...

Congrats on the top 20. Lovely card and great little flowers.

Jani
papercompulsions dot blogspot dot com

Maria said...

Gorgeous card and project, Debbie! Congrats on making Top 20...how exciting! Your hydrangeas are so lovely! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!:-))