Friday, May 25, 2012

Waltzingmouse May Blog Party - Cozy!


Hello sweeties and welcome to my blog today!  I hope for all those in the US you're getting a fun head start on the Memorial Day holiday weekend!  I am ... my guys are golfing today so I have the house quiet and to myself ... I'm crafting the day away in my stamp room -- BLISS!!


I'm so happy I had a little time today so I could join in on the fun over at Waltzingmouse Makes for the WMS May Blog Party!!  This month's challenge is to incorporate WMS into a project that also includes felt or cozy fabrics!  For my little project, I decided to make another block for my art quilt!  I had so much fun going through my stash and treasure baskets to find 'just the right' goodies to include on this block!  The pink floral background cotton fabric is recycled from a wrapper that was around a set of new sheets I recently purchased.  The white chenille square (SO cozy!) is a piece from an antique bedspread I recently picked up while antiquing!  The vintage cream brocade trim is also old from another antique show.  The cream doilie is from my stash, the white fabric leaves are from Prima and the gorgeous celery green satin bloom is from Melissa Frances!


I included a couple more fabric goodies -- a pink felt bird from Martha Stewart, a snipett of vintage lace trim from an antiquing adventure, some white tulle netting from Webster's Pages and a sweet piece of Baby Pink Berry shabby seam binding from my Etsy Shop!


I used the WMS Paris Nouveau and Holiday Label No. 14 stamp sets to create a pretty little banner tag and adhered it under the satin bloom.  This art quilt was SO MUCH fun to create ... now if I only could find the time to complete my quilt and share all of it's shabby prettiness with you here!

Thank you for allowing me to share this sweet little treasure with you that I created from my heart -- full of bits and bobs of everything I adore!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
Moxie Fab World - Doilies & Lace challenge
Moxie Fab World - Damask & Brocade challenge
Top Tip Tuesday #77 - dig out the old (lots of vintage finds that I have collected over the years from antiquing trips!)


17 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Debbie - this is simply beautiful. I love the soft feminine colours and all the pretty lace. Just fab!

Karen M said...

This is so lovely, Debbie! I love its simplicity yet intricate chic detail! Perfect! Kx

Super Jen said...

Sounds like a great day to me and I'm impressed what you've done with your time!

Anne-Elise said...

So beautiful, Debbie! Love your green flower, the cute little bird and all the lace!

Jeanne J said...

That satin flower is amazing! So pretty!

Jan Garber said...

Beautiful! My first reaction was "Oh no, not the quilt!" but your cards will bring joy to many!

Kim said...

So beautiful and elegant, loving all of the pink and touch of lace.

Charlene said...

Shabby and gorgeous!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
All of these elements together...
just stunning!!

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Stunning! So vintage and elegant. Yum!

Shannon White said...

Wowie! This is just Gorgeous! What a Wonderful block for your Art Quilt! 8-) The colors as so soft and Pretty and I love all the Wonderful layered Vintage Chic elements too! So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

Amanda said...

WOW! You have such an eye for design and feminine touches, Debbie!!

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

HandmadebyTLC said...

That's going to be one heck of a quilt! Hand wash only! teehee. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time and I sure hope to see you play again!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Ros said...

This is gorgeous! ... I do hope you will share the completed quilt

Annette said...

This is so gorgeous, I love the vintage look and that flower is stunning.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge DT
xx

Makiko Jones said...

Very pretty Debbie!! I love the fabulous detail. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Caroljenks said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE all of the elements you have added and that you got most of them from antique fairs - fab!

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our challenge - hope to see you back real soon :)

Carol x