Monday, April 23, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #111!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #111 - 'April Showers'!  Starr is our host this week and asks that we create a card or project inspired by the COLORS in this lovely photo AND INCORPORATE LACE or RIBBON plus FLOWERS!


 Our Tea Room sponsor this week is The Cutting Cafe and I was lucky enough to design something pretty with Regina's Jar Shaped Card set - I used the mason jar version included in the file!  I love it!!


 I cut the mason jar card base from Vanilla Creme card stock and inked the edges to create a time-worn look.  I filled the top of my mason jar with a pretty little bunch of flowers inspired by the gorgeous vase of flowers from the inspiration photo.


I cut out the mason jar metal ring element using Silver card stock and then ran it through my Big Shot to emboss and create the 'metal rings'.  I cut one of the fabric jar wrapper options from some pretty patterned paper and attached it to my card along with a snipett of vintage lace trim. I tied a pretty tag with roses, a bird and a nest filled with eggs onto a bow made from Vintage Winter White and Pink Bubblegum shabby seam binding from my Etsy Shop


 Next, inspired by the lovely garden theme in the photo, I decided to 'fill' my mason jar with a sweet little bird and nest!  The Spanish Moss is a little handful of treasures I picked this past December while vacationing at Disney World in Florida!  While my hubby and sons played golf, I rode in the cart and picked a nice bag full of fresh moss off of the trees ... the guys thought I was crazy, but look how precious that moss is turned into a nest!  The final step was to create a sweet banner and adhere it behind the birdie in the nest. 


I'm completely smitten with the way this mason jar project turned out ... all shabby and vintage -- filled with things I love!  It's going to find a place of honor for display in my shabby and vintage kitchen so I can enjoy it's prettiness every day!

Please be sure to visit the other Shabby Girls to see what they have created for your inspiration this week:

 Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tammy Roberts - Paperie Sweetness

And then we hope you'll have time to play along this week with our 'April Showers' challenge for your chance to win an awesome prize of three sets from The Cutting Cafe!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Tuesday Throwdown #94 - recycle (spanish moss)
Fussy and Fancy #61 - punches or dies


14 comments:

Tammy Roberts said...

Your project is simply divine Debbie! I love it from top to bottom!

Starr said...

Debbie, as always, your card is stunning. I love the special touches that you give to every project that makes them shine!

xoxo,
Starr

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous Debbie!! Love the flowers on the top and that sweet nest!!wow:)

Pendra said...

So Sweet!

Regina Easter said...

hey girlie, how are you doing? I hope well this is the most prettiest ever...I love it...may I add to the Cafe's gallery?

Pattie said...

Oh my shabby goodness Deb! This is gorgeous! Glad you're back in the swing of things and creating beauties like this!!!

Jeanne J said...

Oh Wow is this ever elegant! I love the flowers and the lace ribbon just gorgeous! Beautiful as always!

Yolanda said...

This is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh - I am smitten with this mason jar card also! Just beautiful in every way. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Rina said...

WOW! This is spectatular!
Thanks for joining us at http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/
DT Member,
Rina

purple_pea_fran said...

This is just adorable! I am in love with the little birdie nest! Fran x

Céline said...

really gorgeous
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Sandy said...

Your creation is so very gorgeous. So romantic - quite stunning!
Sandy

Stephanie said...

wow, this is amazing....so stunning! I love the layers and it's beautifully made!
thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!