Monday, April 2, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #108!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #108 - 'Homegrown Flowers'!  This week Lenet is our creative host and she has chosen this gorgeous photo for us to be inspired by ...


... and Lenet asks that we create a card or project inspired by the COLORS IN THE PHOTO AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE FLOWER(s)!


The newest treasure to add to my tool collection are some wonderful punches made by McGill!  After using three different punches to punch out shapes in different sizes and shapes, manipulating the paper with a stylus and long nose tweezers and then gluing them together according to a pattern, I ended up with these gorgeous peonies ... they just make me swoon!!!  They are so realistic looking IRL!!


 After I finished the blooms, I decided to make three little buds -- they are the centers of the flowers without adding the leaves.  Super sweet ... and of course I sugared them with glitter!!  The shabby vintage tea-stained seam binding is Lilac Lace and Primrose Cookie Dough from my Etsy Shop


 This card is suitable for framing and giving as a gift ... I think I'll do just that!!!


Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps & More is the sponsor in the Tea Room this week!  I created a pretty little coordinating image to adhere to the inside of my card using the Ornate Frame and Pretty Flowers digital images. 

Please be sure to hop on over and check out the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the Shabby Girls:  


Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Lenet Mos - To Scrap or Not to Scrap, That's the Question

Rebekah Faries - Midnite Lullabies Studio

Starr Timmons - The Paper Chase

Tammy Roberts - Paperie Sweetness

And then we all cannot wait to see what you'll create this week for our 'Homegrown Flowers' challenge!!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

OOohhh.. Your flowers are amazing Debbie! Beautiful!

Margie said...

Wow, Debbie, I just love those flowers you've made and your card is certainly more than just a card - its beautiful! And I just read your previous post too so hoping you have a quick recovery from your operation.

jacirascrap said...

Suas flores estão o máximo!!!

Jeanne J said...

Debbie - Love the color combo and those gorgeous flowers. That bitty tage is perfect!

pattyo said...

Love this card! The flowers are gorgeous!

purple_pea_fran said...

Wow, this is breathtaking Debbie! Those flowers are amazing! Fran x

Elaine said...

Debbie this is stunning I love the flowers ...I am looking for inspiration for my card, I am now following and looking forward to more creations ,and I love your style Hugs Elaine

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous card with those fabulous flowers, Debbie! Hope you are recovering well! I continue to keep you in thought and prayer! Take care and Happy Easter to you and family!!:-))