Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #27!

 Welcome friends to The Ribbon Reel #27 - 'Pretty Muted Pastels'!  We are to be inspired by this photo for our new challenge and create a card or project using the pastel colors from the picture and include blue, ribbon/lace/twine and a button!


 I used the current Mojo Monday sketch to begin the design of my card ... and I decided to think outside the box.  I figured most everyone would be using patterned papers cut into small squares for a literal interpretation of the sketch.  I decided to dig into my Ribbon Reel Shop treasure basket and create an out-of-the-box grid pattern with some pretty May Arts Light Blue Loop Trim!


I made a pretty bow using some Pink and Blue Seam Binding and added a lovely  Cornflower Blue Gardenia Blossom to the nosegay!


I included a pretty butterfly with sewing pin antennae and a pretty little tag tied on with a button and Pink Button Twine.


Please be sure to hop on over to check out the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the teamies and then I hope you'll have time to give our 'Pretty Muted Pastels' challenge a try this week for your chance to win the awesome prize package from The Ribbon Reel Shop!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #166 - bingo (button, pink, blue)
Catered Crop - the letter "B" (butterfly, bow, blue, button twine)
The Ribbon Carousel #50 - anything
Stamptacular Sunday #161 - spring bling
Simon Says Stamp - anything


5 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovely card! All of your embellishments are gorgeous! You always have such lovely cards and I enjoy looking at them very much :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Debbie!
Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Ann Marie Governale said...

Lovely card. I especially love the flowers.Thanks for joining us for this week's Spring Bling Challenge at Stamptacular Sundays. Hope to see you again next week! xxx Ann Marie

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Debbie, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Laurel said...

I just love this! Thanks for playing at RCC.