Monday, April 23, 2012

The Kraft Journal #68!

 Welcome to my bloggity blog today, friends!  Today I'm pleased to share a fun little card with you all that I designed for this week's The Kraft Journal challenge #68 - 'Just For Kids'!  


 I began my design with a card stock base of Buff Ivory from The Kraft Outlet ShopNext I layered some patterned papers and Lille Patterned Paper Tape onto a piece of Brown Kraft card stock, machine zig-zag stitching around the edges.  I wrapped a piece of Black Twill Tying Tape around the top of the card, typing the end into a pretty bow.  Next, I created a sweet little flag out of a Garnet Stick Pin, Flag Banner Numbers Stickers and a Tiny Bottle Cap ... I stuck the Flag Banner Numbers piece onto a snipett of Buff Ivory Card Stock so the backside wouldn't be sticky. 


 To finish the design, I created a mini banner using a couple pieces from the Black Banner Stickers and a red glittered punched heart shape.  Some Black Baker's Twine was wrapped around the bottom of the card and a sentiment tag was tied on. 


This card will be 'just perfect' for a dear little friend of mine who will be turning TWO very soon!  It's girlie, cute and fun ... just like the sweet little recipient!!

Please be sure to stop by The Kraft Journal to check out the awesome inspiration from the other teamies this week, and then I hope you'll have time to play along with our 'Just For Kids' challenge!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
CASE Study #87 -  inspiration muse 
Catered Crop - kraft
Really Reasonable Ribbons #46 - black, white + one accent color
Top Tip Tuesday #74 - spots & dots
Fussy and Fancy #61 - punches or dies
Stamptacular Sunday #160 - layers

14 comments:

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card. I love this colors and lovely girls images

LeAnne said...

Oh my, brings me back to my own childhood! So cute!

Céline said...

original i love it
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

I love your card! There are so many details that I like here, but to mention a few I would say that the colors and theme are so great together and I think the stitching is a really nice detail-

Jeanne J said...

This is so sweet! I love the vintage images and all the fab details and embellishments you added. I could look at it for an hour just so I wouldn't miss anything!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a very well balanced composition. Your 2 year old may not appreciate its artistry now, but eventually she will. Blessings!

Aleksandra said...

Lovely card! I love all the details on it an those "cartoon like" characters are soooo cute.

Blessings,
Aleksandra

Rina said...

How fun is this! Love it, great idea!!!
Thanks for joining us at http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/
DT Member,
Rina

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Fun, FUN!! Love the colours, layout and your choice of image/papers. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is beautiful. Love your choice in papers and images. Such fun design with te bow and the hearts too.Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Stephanie said...

love all the layers and the details! gorgeous card
thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!

Nicola said...

Beautiful creation Debbie with a gorgeous colour combo and fab attention to detail!
Thanks for entering our Punches and dies challenge this fortnight for Fussy and Fancy and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Jan Hennings said...

so cute and thanks for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge :)

Christine said...

Beautiful work! Love the style and the colours. Realy gorgeous!
Thank you for entering at Fussy and Fancy this fortnight! Good luck! xx