Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #23!

 Hello friends ... welcome to The Ribbon Reel challenge #23!  This week we're creating inspired by this beautiful photo ...


 ... and we're asked to create a card or project using NEWSPRINT plus TWINE or RIBBON!

 I dug into my treasure baskets of ribbons, twines and pretty paper flowers from The Ribbon Reel Shop and set to work ... I adore creating with newsprint, so this card came together effortlessly for me!  I ruffled and layered some gorgeous 32mm Ivory Silk Ribbon on top of a circle of newsprint paper and on top of that I adhered a length of 10mm Antique Gold Velvet


To create the pretty nosegay, I used two beautiful 25mm Hybrid Tea Roses in off white/pale pink  from the shop along with a sweet bow made from some Natural Button Twine, a kraft cardstock butterfly and a couple of sewing pins! 

I am smitten with how this sweet little card turned out ... what do you think??!!

Please be sure to stop by the other teamies' blogs to peek at their inspiration projects today, and then I hope you'll have time to join us for our 'Newsprint' challenge!!!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:   
Top Tip Tuesday #71 - stitching
Simon Says Stamp - anything


9 comments:

Deneen said...

Gorgeous, very elegant, love the soft flowers. Thanks for joining the Stitching Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Kimberly Morrow said...

Oh, my gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous. I think I might have to copy this one if you don't mind. Just beautiful

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Debbie!

iReneM said...

Oh my!! this is soooo beautiful - soft and delicate and just wonderful :)

x

Keilly said...

Super sweet card Debbie, I love the blush pink colours x

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful!!! pretty flowers and love the ruffled ribbon!

Joy said...

WOW! I am in awe of this beautiful creation, just lost for words, STUNNING...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Samantha said...

Absolutely gorgeous so pretty! Great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our Stitches Real or Faux Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

HandmadebyTLC said...

Beautiful job! This is perfect for the Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and I sure hope you join us again tomorrow! Best of Luck

Hugs
Tammy Louise