Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Time Made Easy ... gifts made easy!!

 I am tickled {pink} to share another gift set I designed for the My Time Made Easy March Release using some of the brand new goodies now available in the SHOP!  When I completed this project, I giggled with delight ... it IS my all-time favie set that I've designed with Lauren's yummy goodies ... seriously ... I'm smitten!!

 I used the Round and Round template again, but this time instead of creating an open basket with handle, I used the optional box top to create what, to me, looks like an old fashioned hat box!  I'm calling my gift set:  'Tea Party in a Box' ... {swoon}!!!


 I cut out all the template pieces using my Cricut, and before assembling, I embossed the separate pieces and inked the edges with cream paint to create a time-worn look!


I added some aqua tulle and glitter leaves along with a gorgeous pink satin and tulle blossom with a pretty pink pearl in the center ... much like the lady's hat boxes from the Victorian era!  A band of aqua chenille trim adhered around the hat box band coordinates perfectly with the aqua scalloped decorative bottom on the box. 


 I added some iridescent crinkle filler to the inside of this sweet box that used to be Christmas tree tinsel ... I scrunched it up to make it crinkle, added to my treat box and then filled it up with goodies!  I inserted three cinnamon tea cookies inside a glassine bag and the topped it off with a paper doilie, aqua button, satin flower and tag tied onto the nosegay with aqua baker's twine.  The sentiment on the tag is from the new Round Off digital stamp set. 


For the coordinating card to this set, I used a beautiful piece of pink sheet music from the Warm Serenity paper set, some more embossed and inked kraft cardstock and some old, vintage newsprint paper.


The sentiment portion of this card is made up of a tag cut from the Fine Finish cut file and a couple images from the Round Off digital stamp set. 


The shabby little bow is made from Vintage Winter White and Paradise Aqua Mist shabby vintage seam binding from my Etsy Shop


 Sweet ... right??!!  Good enough to give ... or eat!!!  Who wouldn't want a sweet little tea party in a box!


Be sure to visit these other teamies' blogs for some more inspiration today:


 And then be sure to pop on over to the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY ... oodles of creativity can be found within each individual designer's gallery pages.  Have fun peeking!
I'll be back again tomorrow to share one final project that I have designed for this awesome March Release at My Time Made Easy ... see you then!!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
Sugar Creek Hollow #1 - Trash to Treasure (Christmas tree tinsel; vintage newsprint paper; tea-stained seam binding)
Simon Says Stamp - anything

14 comments:

Lisa M said...

Okay, I'm sold! I need a Cricut. If for nothing other than to make this wonderful project. Really admire the way you've prettied this up so perfectly. Nicely done.


Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips and don't forget our new Caught Our Eye winner post!
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh my!.. This is just too lovely for words!!

Romaine said...

Debbie; GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! Ever so lovely! :0)

Mara Campbell said...

This is the most gorgeous gift set I have ever seen. The embossing adds such an amazing detail!! It's all SOOOOOO pretty! I love it.

Lisa Kind said...

What a pretty gift set! I love how you embossed it and then distressed it with the paint. Such a pretty look!

pattyo said...

Adorable!

Patti P. said...

Debbie, you are creating some beautiful things with these templates and I am enjoying seeing them. This is such a beautiful box, followed by an even more gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our Trash to Treasure challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Patti SCH/DT

Deneen said...

Gorgeous box, love the matching card too. Thanks for joining the Stitching Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Looking Glass Vacations/Holly Young said...

this is just stunningly gorgeous! I'd LOVE to get this as a gift! beautiful job!

thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week!

Holly SCH DT

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOOOOW! This is a GORGEOUS project--LOVE that flower and the color story! BEAUTIFULLY done! LOVE LOVE LOVE! THANKS for playing along with us over at the RCC:)

Joy said...

How stunningly beautiful are your creations, I love the soft shabby chic look... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

The Wired Angel said...

This is stunning and you did such a great job making this creation, Debbie. Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow in our Trash to Treasure challenge, and for sharing this darling project.

LaJanette said...

OMG You have left me wanting a tea party in a box! Well this one is just so pretty I just cant stop looking at it! Love the colors and the embossing is absolutely gorgeous. Love it! The card goes so well and is just perfect!

Thanks for playing along with our Stitches challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday; hope to see you back often:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Payne Holler Cards said...

just amazingly gorgeous!
thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow (-: