Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Catered Crop featured designer ...

Catered Crop

I was tickled {pink} when Linda asked me to join her and the girlies over at The Catered Crop to share a card I made for their current 'Recipe Swap - Stitching' challenge during this Sunday's 'Quick Fire' spotlights!  I adore to stitch on my cards ... most often I don't consider a card 'complete' unless it includes some sort of stitching!  This, I would imagine, comes from a custom sewing business I used to own ... and from my love for quilting too!!


So, I began with a base of kraft card stock.  Next, I inked the edges of white card stock with a pink distress ink, and then layered some pretty damask fabric on top -- I cut the edges with pinking shears and then machine zig-zag stitched the fabric to the card stock.  I machine sewed a snipett of vintage lace to the card base and added blush pearls to the pattern centers.

The pretty nosegay is made from scratch -- I hand cut a couple of glittered chipboard leaves and adhered them to the beautiful bloom.  To make this flower, I started with a strip of fabric 1" x 15" and rolled & twisted it in a circular pattern, gluing as I went along.  I then adhered the rolled fabric flower onto another larger fabric flower and added some blush pearls in the center of the bloom!


The birdcage was die cut using white card stock, and then I spritzed it with Tea Rose glimmer mist to give it a blush hue.  The little bird was hand cut from another piece of white glitter chipboard and I added a tiny blush pearl for her eye.  I stamped the sentiment on white card stock using the Vintage Ornaments stamp set from WMS and then die cut it in a heart shape with a Spellbinders die.  I inked the edges with blush distress ink and tied it onto the nosegay with white button twine.

Thanks so much for allowing me to share this little sweetie with you all today!  I hope you'll have some time to check out the 'Recipe Swap - in Stitches' challenge going on over at The Catered Crop this week -- just too much fun!!!

This card spotlighted at the Create for CARDS Blog too!



Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:
Moxie Fab World - The DIY Embellishments Challenge
Create for CARDS - vintage florals
The Pink Elephant #140 - get 'krafty'
Tuesday Throwdown #90 - spring cleaning/use your stash
Simon Says Stamp - bingo/flowers, lace, twine
The Kraft Journal #63 - anything goes

18 comments:

pattyo said...

Beautiful card!

Nina Yang said...

Beautiful!

Starr said...

Precous! I love your flower and that lace in yummy! Gorgeous card!

xoxo
Starr

sanketi said...

Very Nice!

Linda McClain said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is stunning! You are amazing. We're so glad to have you with us this week at Catered Crop.

Holly Young said...

oh my goodness, this is stunning! Love love LOVE the bird cage!!!!!! and that lace is MAGNIFICENT!

Thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

Holly SCH DT

Shannon White said...

Goodness! This is so Pretty! Love the Darling Birdcage and Wonderful Lace too! Just Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

Kelly S. said...

Ooo love the lovely red flower with the pale pink in the background. Gorgeous lace and embellishing. So beautiful, Debbie!

Jean Martin said...

Wow! This is soooo beautiful Deb!!

pattyo said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Love the flower and lace especially.

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love that "nest"...
it's gorgeous!
The lace...
the pearls...
the papers...
so gorgoeus! :)

Julia Aston said...

How lovely Debbie! That floral 'nest' with the pearl eggs is so pretty - and that vintage lace is gorgeous! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Dottie Seubert said...

JUST STUNNING IT IS A BEAUTIFUL CARD THE DESIGN IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY . 4Ii LOVE THE LITTLE NEST AND THE BIRD CAGE. AGAIN DEB JUST STUNNING.
~Gos Bless~
Hugs
Dottie

Kim Duran said...

Debbie, I just love the way you embellish a card! Always beautiful and full of so many loving details. Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Debbie! So sweet and so detailed. I absolutely adore the fabric background and all your beautiful stitching. Gorgeous handmade flower, too. Love!

Laurel said...

What a wonderful project! Love that lace! Thanks for playing at RCC.

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Becca Fabozzi said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp.