Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Aqua, Pink and Pearls ... Oh My -- A Challenge For YOU!

 Well, today's the day ... "H" day ... by time you're reading this I'll be in surgery already ... having my 'long awaited' hysterectomy.  I thought the day would never get here when I was told I needed the surgery in early January ... and now it's here.  Finally ... I'm excited for this to be over ... I'm looking forward to a -hopeful- speedy recovery so I can get back to what I love the most -- creating little paper crafted treasures and sharing them right here with you!!

I hope to only be in the hospital two days if all goes well, and then recovering at home over the next two weeks.  As soon as I'm over the 'hump' as far as post-surgery pain goes, I'll be checking into blog land from my laptop in bed!  I've stock piled loads of yummy, crafty magazines to read while I'm on the mend ... including the new Party Ensembles Book by Paper Crafts ... it was all I could do to have it in the house the past two weeks and NOT tear into it!!

I have also prepped my bedroom with lots of crafty things to keep my hands busy once I begin to feel up to 'doing something' but still need to keep still to let the stitches heal ... I'll be quilling and hand making paper flowers -- my newest passion!!  Sounds like fun ... just wish the "H" thing weren't attached to all the fun things I have planned during my recovery - ha!!

So, I gave it some thought ... didn't want you to get bored and not have anything fun going on here at my blog in my absence!  I've pre-posted a bunch of Design Team assignments that you'll be able to peek at while I'm away, but I still wanted to share a little something fun here for you girlies to enjoy while I'm gone.  How about a fun little challenge??!!


'Aqua, Pink and Pearls ... Oh My'

Create a card or project inspired by the above photo USING AQUA, PINK AND NEUTRALS WITH PEARLS AND A PRETTY BOW!  Easy peesey, right??!!

What's up for grabs ... how about 15 yards of shabby vintage seam binding from my Etsy Shop ... one yard of each of 15 beautiful colors!

Let's run this challenge from today until April 9th.  That will give you girlies two weeks to create up a storm and submit all your little pretties right here for your chance to win!  If all goes according to plan, I'll announce the lucky winner right here on April 10th!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!  I can't wait to see what you'll create for this yummy challenge!!

See you all soon!
Hugs!
xoxoxo






20 comments:

Kitika said...

Get well soon, dear Debbie!
You are truly inspiration for me, I will miss you.
& have a wonderful day!

sari said...

Oh, i hope yout suregery went well and that your not in too much pain! Take care! Hugs and sunshine

Dawn said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. xxx

Jeanne J said...

Debbie, I hope your surgery went well and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. What a fantastic idea to post the challenge. You will be greeted with all sorts of beautiful surprises every time you log on!! Get your rest and be back SOON! Hugs!

Magda(i)Lena said...

Dear Debbie, I hope you are feeling good. Get well soon! I pray for you.

Synnøve said...

I wish you all the best, and get well soon!!
Hugs

Joanna said...

Hello sweetie! What a gorgeous photo to play with! I have been thinking of you all day today! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Love you sweetie! Hope you are healing well and on the road to a new and healthier life! xoxo

Ros said...

Hi Debbie ... I hope all goes well for you ... I had mine almost 20 tears ago ... things have changed a lot since then! Enjoy the rest ... thinking of you and sending very best wishes for a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

Debbie - I found that once I recovered from surgery, my overall health improved dramatically. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. debra

pattyo said...

I hope by the time you are reading this you are resting comfortably at home. Keeping you in my prayers.

pattyo said...

I hope by the time you are reading this you are resting comfortably at home. Keeping you in my prayers.

Betty Sue said...

I wish for you a speedy recovery! Well wishes! Love all your beautiful creations!

Michelle said...

Debbie, this sounds like a fun challenge! I want to wish you luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery! Can't wait to see back in the Tea Room! All the best...

~Tammy~ said...

Wishing you a speeding recovery! Oh it will be hard to totally let your body rest as you will want to do the things you love most, but you will just have too!

Sending positive thoughts your way!!!!

Christina said...

Good luck with your operation and I am sure you will be just fine. I had "H" several years ago and was back on my feet within days... and have felt brilliant ever since.

Christina flowersribbonsandpearsl.blogspot

Lori said...

Thinking of you and hoping all is going well...

Lori said...

Thinking of you and hoping all is going well...

angelwing said...

Дорогая Дебби! Пусть ангел хранит вас и скорейшего выздоровления!

Debbie Dunham said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Dottie Seubert said...

Hoping and sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery..
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie