Monday, February 13, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #101!

Hello shabby friends and welcome to another fun week of inspiration and creativity at The Shabby Tea Room!  This week Sheri is our wonderful host and she has chosen the theme of 'Hi Ho Cherry O' along with this beautiful photo for inspiration ...


... and Sheri asks that we create a card or project inspired by the above photo and FEATURE CHERRIES ON IT FOR NATIONAL CHERRY MONTH!

My great, stampy friend, Lauren, from My Time Made Easy is the sponsor in the Tea Room this week!!  Lauren just blows me away each month with the range of creativity that explodes off the page in all of her innovative creations -- WOW!!! For my project, I used these goodies from the SHOP:


Hey Cupcake Template, Farmhouse Fresh Paper, Cool Romance Paper, Well Preserved Acrylic Stamp Set


I cut the Hey Cupcake Template using my Cricut in coordinating colors to match the Farmhouse Fresh Paper I chose to use with this design.


I adore this template ... on of my all-time favs!  How {sweet} are those cupcakes peeking out from behind the acetate cut out windows??!!  YUM!!


I added a couple of shiny, red buttons to mimic 'cherries' and then wrapped some baker's twine around them in a figure eight pattern to fasten the box.  I love how the baker's twine coordinate with this adorable bakery themed template!


I used a mix of Cool Romance and Farmhouse Fresh Papers on the coordinating card.  The sentiments stamped on the little tags are from the Well Preserved acrylic stamp set - another one of my favorites - and then I tied them onto the pretty floral nosegay with more baker's twine!  The stamped cherry image was glittered generously with red chunky glitter ... good enough to eat!  


The pretty white, glitttered blossom reminds me of the cherry blossoms that will be popping up very soon here in the south ... the pink cherry tree in my backyard is already blooming - WOW!


And there you have it ... a sweet treat with a cherry theme!  These little cupcake templates are a SNAP to assemble ... and so much fun to give too!!!

Please be sure to pop on by the other Shabby Girls' blogs for more beautiful inspiration ...

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!
 
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Cards

... and then we hope you'll have time to give our 'Hi Ho Cherry O' challenge a try this week!  Lauren has generously donated the Hey Cupcake Template, Farmhouse Fresh Paper, Sweet Sentiments and Sweet Treats Stamp Sets for this week's lucky Tea Room winner!!!  WOW!!!

Thanks for peeking in today!
Hugs!
xoxoxox

Challenges for this project:
The Ribbon Carousel #39 - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp & Show - anything 

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Debbie!! I love those Cherries!!

Jona Panesa said...

oh so yummy!!! those cupcakes are making me hungry. loved the card too!

ellen vargo said...

Adorable! and now I want a cupcake! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Ellen :)

Rema said...

Those cherries are are awesome! Love the paper you used...