Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #22!


 Hello sweet friends and welcome to The Ribbon Reel #22!  This week our challenge has a theme of 'Weathered and/or Distressed' and we're asking everyone to create a card or project using kraft, white, blue or aqua, red with some natural twine or twill.


For my card, I used several pretty ribbons and trims from The Ribbon Reel Shop!   First, I adhered a strip of 20mm Red May Arts Red Grosgrain Ribbon onto the base of my card which is made up of a piece of text patterned paper and a white paper heart doilie.  Next I adhered some gorgeous 15mm Sheer Box Pleat in Ivory over the Red Grosgrain.  I tied a length of Natural Button Twine around the two trims and tied it into a pretty little bow.


 Last, I made a little ribbon tab with a snipett of 10mm Grosgrain Center Dot Royal Blue & White for the chimney on the little house! 


 Please be sure to visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to be inspired by the other teamies' creations this week and then I hope you'll have time to give our 'Weathered and/or Distressed' challenge a try!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #156 - red and to someone you love


4 comments:

Charlene said...

So So cute!!!

Tina said...

lovely and elegant...thanks for sharing at cupcake inpsirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Keilly said...

Beautiful card Debbie, just love the little ribbon chimney, so adorable. x

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! nice embellish and colors. TFS with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Zulma DT