Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{Sweet} Things!

 Hello sweet friends and welcome to my bloggity blog today!!  I hope you've enjoyed a perfectly wonderful stampy day today :)

As many of you know, I love all things 'tea' related ... tea parties, tea drinking, tea magazines, tea cups & saucer collecting ... swoon!  So, when I saw the current challenge over at the Waltzingmouse Makes Blog, I knew I had to make a little something to submit for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!!


My BFF's birthday was this past Sunday, so I decided to make a sweet little tea set in honor of the occasion!  She has been out of town at the beach, so when she gets back this week, I'm treating her to a real tea party to help her continue to celebrate her big day!!!


I downloaded and printed the A Nice Cup of Tea template from the WMS site and assembled it using some fun patterned papers from Melissa Frances, a gorgeous bloom from The Ribbon Reel, some bits and bobs of treasures from my baskets and snipetts of Vintage Winter White and Baby Pink Berry seam binding from my Etsy Shop!   I used the Afternoon Tea and Afternoon Tea Sentiments stamp sets to create the tea tag, tied onto the cup with a bit of baker's twine. 


Then I downloaded and printed the A Piece of Cake template from the WMS site and assembled the slice as well as decorating it to match the sweet little tea cup!!


The tag was stamped using an image from the Afternoon Tea set and then I adhered it to the top of a trinket pin.   


I used more coordinating patterned papers and the same tea stamp sets from WMS to create a matching card as the invitation for this fun little birthday tea party!!


The addition of a few more bits and bobs of seam binding, flowers, glittered chipboard leaves, pearls, rouched satin ribbon and die cut shapes complete this whimsical and fun card!


I had so much fun creating this adorable little gift set ... I sure hope you enjoyed peeking at it today!  I'd love to hear your comments on how you think it turned out!

Hugs!!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this gift set project: 
Moxie Fab World - The Die Cutting Challenge
The Pink Elephant #131 - favorite colors
Simon Says Stamp - spots and/or stripes


35 comments:

busymartha said...

Wow, you have been busy Debbie! You tea set is adorable! My daughter has several tea parties every year, she would love this. I will have to check into this, thanks, Marilyn

Lou said...

Today would have been my Grand-mother's 100th Birthday! I'm Glad 2 know she Celebrating it w/her dear
mother whom towards the end of her yrs Gram's would speak fondly of what a strong fine lady her mother was. I share this because Every Wednesday we would share a meal, usually some oriental dish(easier to eat) I'll never forget how alert
she was to the every end then she look straight into my eyes as i held her in my arms, as she let out her final breath. She died 10 yrs ago Yesterday, 13 hrs before her 90th Birthday. Altagracia would have loved a cup of tea from such a lovely cup, oh & that slice of cake she sure would have enjoyed. Very nice gift set. To all of u who still have grams w/u, go & have such a cup of tea!

Debbie Dunham said...

The tea set is absolutely stunning!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable tea party gift set. Your BFF is going to love this, Debbie. :)

Jeanne J said...

Debbie - This is gorgeous - looks like a spread for a magazine cover! The hours you must have put into this to get everything just right! Well worth it - Just beautiful!

Pauline said...

Wonderful tea set Debbie, just stunning details, and gorgeous colours!

Helen said...

Debbie, what a beautiful set of sweet things for your friend - a very lucky lady!! I love the colours you have chosen and all those wonderful elements - the lace, seam binding, pearls and of course Claire's beautifully designed stamps. Simply gorgeous projects x

Pattie said...

Wow Deb! This set is absolutely stunning! So much fun here!

Renee said...

What an absolutely beautiful and thoughtful gift for your BFF!!
There is just too much to mention..
teacup...
teabags...
flowers...
colors...
that gorgeous card!!
It is all divine and inspiring...
and a true measure of her friendship to you for this incredible gift!! :)

Super Jen said...

Pure sweetness!

Deirdre said...

So pretty - love what you created.

Kary said...

Hi Debbie! What an amazing tea party project!! Everything looks fabulous and amazing!! You did a great job for your bff!!

Naomi Edwards said...

Debbie you are the most beautifully talented lady I have ever seen... I mean it.. I follow tons of blogs and you blow me away every time... I was looking at your resume and it didn't surprise me that you are part of so much... You Sweet things are georgeous...I hope you win!!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty! The WM label stamped in color looks wonderful!

~ Ali ~ said...

Wow wow and wow fabulous!!!! Your attention to detail is fantastic!

Love everything about these creations

Ali x

rudlis said...

Debby - this a perfect project!
Stunning design and gorgeous card!

Cheryl said...

Your set is so cute! I love the tea cup and matching slice of cake, and the colors you put together are beautiful. Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Trish said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing tea party! Love it!
Trish xx

Deborah Frings said...

Debbie - this is the most wonderful project. I adore the teacup with lace trim, the pretty slice of cake and the gorgeous card - your friend will LOVE it!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh WOW, what a lovely set! It's vintage and fab and oh so sweet! The papers and colors are just dreamy, Debbie! Your details on each piece are fantastic!

pattyo said...

Aren't you the sweetest friend! This set is so beautiful so I know your friend will love it!

cbuswell said...

Oh wow!! love every detail, such a gorgeous color combo!! stunning Debbie!!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness Debbie! what a wonderful tea party set you made! LOVE the teacup with the flowers and the wonderful slice of cake!

Sharron said...

OMG, every one of your creations are just stunning! And what a wonderful gift for your BFF! Love the colors and all the beautiful details!

Charmaine Stack said...

What a beautiful labour of love for your friend. Hope you have a wonderful tea party!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is just amazing--what a stunning ensemble to present as a gift! I am sure your friend will just swoon over it!

Chris L.

Heleen said...

Wow what a lovely and big project! Great job. Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

Hugs,
Heleen

Claire Brennan said...

Debbie, this is an incredible set, I love all of the details, the pieces of doily, the flowers and pearls, you have really put your all into this!! Thank you so much for joining our WMS Blog Party Debbie!!

Beate said...

What a beautiful ensemble. Everything looks gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Ros said...

Oh my goodness this is just DARLING!!! how very clever of you!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my, this is just frothy, feminine loveliness!! You are so very creative!

Cathy Weber said...

I don't even know you or your friend and I want to come to this tea party! What a great ensemble you created. Everything matches so nicely, love the colors and the pom-pom ball ribbon on the cake slice. This must have taken forever to do, but was certainly worth it.

Michelle B. said...

Amazing project, completely stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday!

~*Joni said...

Whoaaaa this is just WAY too beautiful! I love the wonderful details, I am sure she will just swoon when she sees this set. Beautiful job! What a great color combo to choose for this project, thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at TPE!
~*Joni TPE DT

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks again for linking up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)