Thursday, January 5, 2012

Something different at Melissa Frances ...



Good morning sweet girls and welcome!  How is your first week of the new year going so far?  Mine is slowing down each day - thankfully!  I was so ready to get back into a more normal pace of life after the hectic month of December.  I love the holidays, but they sure are busy and exhausting!

I am over the moon excited to tell you that a sweet project I created a while back is being shared today on the wonderful Melissa Frances Blog!   Those of you who follow my blog know that I love creating with the girlie, romantic and beautiful products created by Melissa Frances, so this particular project holds a very special place of honor in my bedroom on the dresser so it's one of the very first things I see each day when I wake up!!


The lampshade was created using the Fresh Popped template available from My Time Made Easy ...  after assembling the template, I turned it upside down to decorate and then hung it over a lamp base that holds a tea light candle.  Because the paper lampshade sits directly on top of the base where the candle would go, this application is for decoration purposes only and is not a working candle light.


I cut out a sweet bird using the A Little Birdie cut file from MTME and added a Melissa Frances chipboard glittered wing ... LOVE!!!


The tag from Melissa Frances was stamped using the gorgeous Monograms Defined stamp set available from MTME!  This set is one of my all-time favorites ... I adore it!


Patterned papers, pearls, tag, pink satin flower, crystal tear drops, resin key and chipboard wing all from Melissa Frances.


Vintage Winter White shabby seam binding from my Etsy Shop.  


A complete materials list is available over at the Melissa Frances Blog in case you want to give this lovely little lampshade a try ... it was so much fun to create and super easy using the template from MTME and all the gorgeous pretties from Melissa Frances!


I'd love for you to pop on over to the company blog and check out the post featuring my project!  Melissa and the team love hearing your comments about their wonderful products, so while you're there, it would be so nice for you to leave a comment for them about my lampshade ... they adore feedback about their goodies and the projects that they feature on the blog too!

Thank you so much for spending a bit of your time today with me ... I so appreciate all your sweet comments along the way.  I know I had a great time sharing inspiration with you in 2011 and look forward to many more creative days together with you all in 2012!

Happy everything today!!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

5 comments:

Auntie Em said...

So sweet and shabby chic! I love the pretty paper and the images.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful project! :)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! Absolute gorgeous Debbie!! Love this! Congrats on being featured!!

Hugs...
Melissa

Patti Willey said...

Lucky girl! Waking up to this shabby chic little lamp! Love it!

Sara said...

This is such a beautiful project!!!! And what an AWESOME idea!!!!!

Sara said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL project Debbie and what a COOL use of the template!!! LOVE IT!