Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Some FUN news from Simon Says Stamp!

Simon Says Stamp

Hello sweet bloggity friends and welcome!!  I'm tickled pink to share my fun news with you all ... Lorraine and the teamies have invited me to join them over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog as their January Guest Designer!!!  My stampy friend, Melissa Bove, is on the Simon Says Stamp Design Team and had a hand in securing this invite for me, so THANK YOU, Melis!

Over the course of the month, I'll be sharing four cards I've designed that coordinate with the weekly challenges available at Simon Says Stamp.  This week, the #141 challenge is 'New Beginnings' and the Design Teamies were asked to create something with a Cuttlebug embossing folder!


I need to make a couple thank you cards for several gifts we received over the holidays, so now that January is here I couldn't resist pulling this sweet snowman themed folder out of my stash and cranking him through my Big Shot machine!  Isn't he adorable!!!


I inked the edges of the kraft cardstock with a bit of cream paint to give him a chilly and time-worn look!  Then I machine stitched a snipett of snowman ribbon onto the base of the card.  I embossed and cut out a cute package with snowflakes on it and then decorated the top of the package with felt mittens, a thank you tag stamped from a new set I just got from PTI and then tied onto the package with baker's twine and adorned with teeny tiny silver jingle bells!  To finish my design, I added a couple of blingy silver rhinestones, a silver paper doilie and a smidge of glitter on his 'carrot' nose!  Super cute, don't you think??!!


What a great way to start off the new year ... sending handmade cards to those you'd like to show how appreciative you are to have them in your life!  This one is heading down south to Florida to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house!!


I hope you'll have time to give the Simon Says Stamp challenge a try this week for your chance to win the $50 prize!  Thanks for peeking in today.  Please come back and visit me here next Wednesday where I'll have an all-new card to share for the next challenge!!

Until then, happy stamping!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 
JUGS #117 - felt
Simon Says Stamp & Show - something old, something new
The Kraft Journal #52 - anything goes
Card Positioning Systems #249 - sketch (turned sideways)
Tuesday Throwdown #79 - 'shiny' new year

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh wow beautiful card Debbie, I love the colours you've used and those felt mittens are super cute.
Thanks so much for joining us as our fabby guest designer :)
hugs Mandy xx

Beth Moore said...

That embossing folder is fantastic Debbie and you composed this card so beautifully too!! I love it!!! :-)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debbie :-) I love everything about this and the wooly felt mittens are soo cute ,,, oohh Mandy said that already ,,, I agree with everything Mandy said :-0

Welcome aboard ! It is lovely to have you joining us in the January Spotlight :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Candy C said...

Hi Debbie. Your thank you card is absolutely darling! I really love the kraft paper background and how you embossed on it and added the white accent. It looks awesome! Your embellishments of white and red set on the kraft paper really pop! Great design and great job! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

Yolanda said...

Super cute indeed! I love the little mittens. Thanks for playing in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Ruth S said...

Super cute card - the ribbon and felt mittens add perfect texture to the embossing ;)
Great to see you over at Simon Says this month, Rx

Kathryn B said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot Debbie! Your card is awesome love the embossed background and the little felt mittens are sooo cute!
Thanks for playing along with Just us Girls this week!

Beth said...

Okay, Debbie! Did you make those adorable felt mittens on your card? Love all of the cards you have posted so far in 2012!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Debbie,

Welcome GD! I love the embossing in kraft paper and the embellies are just perfect, great design!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Samantha said...

I LOVE your card with the mittens, Twine and Bells!! FABulous News your at SIMON says Stamp too! well done you!
Lovely to see you at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)
Happy New Year

Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

Stampin' Pam said...

Cute cute cute cute cute! Love your felt mittens and that embossing BG is just to DIE for *giggle*. Thanks so much for joining JUGS this week. IT's great to have you on board. :-) Happy New Year!

Dana Gustafson said...

Happy new year Debbie! This is so cute! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Deneen said...

Great thank-you card! I love the bit of paint you used to distress it, and the mitts are super cute. Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Michelle B. said...

LOVE IT! The embossing folder is fab and all your touches make for an amazing card! Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Debbie! We are soo happy to have you with us this entire month!!

Happy New Year my friend!

Hugs...
Melissa

Elise said...

EEEEEeeeeeeek! THIS is extraordinarily ADORABLE! Such DARLING use of felt and your might, MIGHTY talent! {Goodness, GRACIOUS! - I am SMITTEN, by your MITTENS!} hee hee Congrats on your guest DT position with SSS! Wonderful! THANKS for sharing your delightful talent with Just Us Girls, Debbie!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is stunning and gorgeous, just love those mittens.
luv
Debby

Suzanne said...

wonderfully different love it thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week