Monday, January 30, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #99!

 Welcome to The Shabby Tea Room #99 - 'Love is in the Air'!  This week's challenge is inspired by this adorable photo ...


... and the challenge is to USE THE COLORS IN THE PHOTO TO CREATE A VALENTINE'S CARD AND INCLUDE A MAIL OR POSTAGE ELEMENT!


I decided to create a double-sided heart shaped gift card pocket!  I die cut a scalloped heart using a Spellbinders die and then die cut a coordinating smaller heart on vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the smaller heart using the Shabby Music Background image from JustRite.  Next I stamped the medallion image with red on pink cardstock using the Your Special Day Medallion Labels set and then stamped the sentiment inside the circle using kraft ink. 


Next, in my true shabby fashion, I added some bling!!  A snipett of vintage lace trim, a pretty glittered blossom, a glittered chipboard heart, a beautiful jewel, some red trinket pins, tinsel and a couple of rosettes, pearls and rhinestones!!


I created a pocket for the back of the heart so I could insert a gift card!  I used the and Greetings From Paris and Always & Forever Medallion Labels sets to create a pretty little postcard pocket!  


Please be sure to visit the other Shabby Girls' blog for lots more pretty inspiration:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!
 
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Cards

And then I hope you'll have time this week to play along with our 'Love is in the Air' challenge for your chance to earn a FABULOUS prize from our generous sponsor, JustRite Stamps!!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
The Kraft Journal - so romantic
Create for CARDS - 6+ hearts
JUGS #121 - 3-D project or template in Valentine's Day theme
Stamptacular Sunday #149 - diamonds or pearls
JustRite Friday Inspiration #65 - For the Love of ...
Mojo Monday #226 - sketch


11 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Very sweet and just love the embellishments!!

pattyo said...

This is my all-time favorite creation of your's! Love it!

Ros said...

This is totally stunning ... just makes me sigh looking at it ... who needs a gift? this is a gift on it's own!

Charlene said...

SO SO SO CUTE!!!!

Maria Levine said...

What a beautiful gift card! Simply stunning! Love that rose! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week!

Christine said...

When I saw this project at TSTR, my jaw dropped! It's is truly stunning, and I can't get enough of the glitter and bling...love, love, LOVE it!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Debbie!

Libby Streed said...

This card is unreal--totally FABULOUS! Fab, fab, fab!

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous gift card holder!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Great job! Olena

Hanne said...

Wow! Such a wonderful card!

Bettina L. said...

I am so loving that heart gift card pocket. What an awsome idea and I love the colours you've used. The big flower, brouch and the sentiment together with those papers makes it perfect. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for another challenge. Bettina xx