Monday, January 9, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room #96!

 Hello sweet friends and happy Monday to you all!

Today I'm excited to share a card that I created for The Shabby Tea Room #96 - 'Vintage Boudoir'.


 Isn't this inspiration photo so beautiful!  Cindy is our shabby fabby host this week and she is asking us all the create a card or project inspired by the COLORS from the above photo AND INCLUDE ONE SEWING ITEM.


I love to sew ... don't have time for my scrappy little quilts anymore -- {sigh} maybe someday soon!  Until then, I LOVE to include sewing embellishments on my paper crafted treasures ... and I usually include some machine stitching on each project too!  This card is no exception ... I included some pins, machine zig-zag stitching, buttons, lace trim, a chipboard dress form and seam binding -- all iconic sewing embellishments!


This week's Tea Room sponsor is Tiffany Doodles and I was lucky enough to design my card this week using the gorgeous Christmas Postcard image.  I love how I was able to adapt the image to suit a non-holiday design ... I covered the Christmas tree in the bottom left corner of the post card with a flower, seam binding, tag, pins, doilie and dress form nosegay!! I adore how the sweet little stamp image that came with this digital set has snowflakes on it ... perfect for a January card!!


The patterned papers, tag, crepe paper and pearls are from Melissa Frances.  The stamped sentiments are from Papertrey Ink.  The Rose Beige Glitter seam binding is from my Etsy Shop.

Please be sure to stop by the Tea Room to check out the inspiration from the other Shabby Girls:

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!
 
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie

Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Sheri Holt
- My Sheri Card

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit with me today!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Simon Says Stamp - new something
The Kraft Journal #53 - favorite colors

3 comments:

Keilly said...

Beautiful, adore the vintage lace and pretty gardenias. x

pattyo said...

Love this card! It is so beautiful!

Joy said...

Oh WOW! gorgeous, I am in love with this..simply stunning... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog