Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Ribbon Reel #19!

 Hello sweeties and welcome!  I'm excited to share my project for The Ribbon Reel #19 - 'Polka Dots and Pink' today with you all!


 Two of my very favorite things to craft with - yum!


I started my card design off by adding a length of 50mm Guipure White Lace from The Ribbon Reel Shop.   I almost hated to continue on with the sketch design from Mojo that I was following because I hated to cover any little bit of this amazingly beautiful lace -- it's stunning!  Next I added a white doilie from Martha Stewart followed by a length of 38mm Pink & White Striped Grosgrain.  I adhered a snipett of 12mm Guipure White Lace Drops trim to the top of the grosgrain ribbon for some pop!


Next added is a sweet, glittered chipboard tag to which I added some hot pink glittered alphas and a bit of 10mm Small Check Baby Gingham in Pink & White.   To complete this oh-so-sweet-in-pink card, I cut out a dress form from some more Prima patterned paper, embossed it with a polka dot embossing folder and then added a hot pink velvet bloom tied on with some Cotton Candy Pink Baker's Twine ... LOVE!!


This is the perfect little Valentine Card to give to someone sweet - don't you think??!!??
Please be sure to pop on over to The Ribbon Reel Blog to visit the other teamie's blogs and check out their awesome inspiration ... and then I hope you'll give this week's Polka Dots and Pink Challenge a try!

Thanks for stopping by today -- have a wonderful stampy day!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card: 
Pixie Dust Paperie - Valentine's Day
Really Reasonable Ribbons #39 - sparkle & ribbons
Simon Says Stamp - new something
Simon Says Stamp & Show - something old, something new
Tuesday Throwdown #79 - shiny new year
Cupcake Inspirations #142 - photo inspiration

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Fabulous colours - really makes me think of yummy sweets. Love the layers, lace and bright letters... great colour choices - a great start to a new crafting year! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.

sandee said...

Stunning card, you did such a great job with the layers and colors!!

Ros said...

So very pretty and sparkly ... thanks for playing along at Pixie

Benzi said...

That is a great Valentine! Lovely details and I really like the XO.
Thanks for joining us again at Tuesday Throwdown.

Rene said...

Just lovely! Thank you so much for linking up at Cupcake Inspirations and good luck!
Rene :D

Sassy said...

So very elegant, gorgeous colors and I love all the details given in your post. Thanks for playing along with the Pixie Challenge.

Keilly said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, love the layout x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet, thanks for playing along with Pixie!

Linda B said...

Oh Debbie, this is so pretty. The lace is gorgeous... love the glittered XO... such beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie!

Tina said...

very pretty..these colors are amazing...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations this week

Tina
sweetie dt

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Debbie, so pretty and elegant :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
for our "something new" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Chris said...

beautiful card, I love pink and lace. I guess I'm going to have to check out the Ribbon Reel.
thanks for playing with us at Cucpcake Inspirations.

Sheila said...

Soooo beautiful and detailed! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust Paperie!

Angi said...

Gorgeous color. Thank you for playing with the Pixie Challenge! :)

Whimsey said...

Super cute - I love ALL things with polka dots; love the cheery colors!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs, Michele

mommyof5kidz said...

I love your card! Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous layers beautiful lace and I just love the big tag. Gorgeous!

Женя Joy_L said...

so yammy card, thanks for sharing and playing with Pixie Dust Paperie!

Sarah said...

Super cute! Love the striped ribbon! Thanks for playing along at PDP! xoxo Sarah