Monday, January 9, 2012

My Time Made Easy -- A Year in Review!

Edited:  Added to my Etsy Shop!

 Hello sweeties!  Today the Design Team and I are wrapping up the January Release by showcasing some fab projects created using some of our favorite templates from the My Time Made Easy Shop -- and using some new and old goodies too!

One of my favorite templates is Cover-Alls


When this template was first released, I designed a sweet treat in a gingerbread theme to give to my mother-in-law for Christmas ... she loved it! This time I decided to create with a snowy theme using lots of cute snowflakes on the patterned paper from the Flakes and Fuzzies Set 3 of 3 Collection and a pretty little snow lady to match!  I adhered a pretty bit of vintage lace around the mid-section of the apron that I found at a recent antiquing shopping trip and then topped that off with a pretty blue satin sash and bow!


I filled the inside of this adorable template with fixins to make SMORES -- a hot chocolate package in a Smores flavor, a couple of graham crackers packaged in a little glassine bag.  I folded a pretty little white paper doilie over the glassine bag, wrapped some blue & white baker's twine around the bag and then tied on a tag, button and jingle bell.  The tag was stamped with a sentiment from the Grap a Cup Sentiments acrylic stamp set.   To finish off the Smores Gift Set, I added a personal size package of mini marshmallows and a couple of Lindt Chocolates wrapped with snowman foils!


For the matching card, I created a vintage-inspired little snow lady!  I adorned her head with a hat made from a vintage bloomer and some glittered leaves.  Her scarf was made from a couple of twists of baker's twine and a few silver jingle bells.  Her arms are chocolate trinket pins and her buttons are heart shaped brads.


I gave her a sweet little skirt made from a paper doilie and some blue rouched satin ribbon - attached to the snow lady with some machine zig-zag stitching.  The sentiment was stamped using the Grab a Cup Sentiments set again and then I layered the tag on top of a couple of heart shaped cardstock layers topped off with another button and a glittered heart!  


Isn't she the sweetest ... I adore her vintage hat -- perfect for a day out and about doing what this snow lady loves ... shopping!!!


To finish off this cute little set, I cut a bunch of lengths of white paper towel to create crinkle paper to stuff inside the Cover-Alls template for filler!  I love creating my own crinkle filler using paper towels ... great for the environment and cost effective too!


And here's one final picture with some of the homemade crinkle filler ... outside the template and pictured with the snow lady card, it could almost be mistaken for snow!  This set is the perfect give to give to someone you know with a winter birthday or ... because of the hearts, would be a sweet treat for Valentine's Day too!!

Please be sure to visit the other teamie's blogs to check out their Year in Review inspiration:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:

And don't forget to pop on over to the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY for lots of creative ideas!

Thanks so much for letting me share my projects for the January Release at MTME with you!  I'll be getting busy working on the February goodies soon, so be sure to come back and visit at the end of the month to see all the new things!

Until then, happy stamping my friends!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this project:
Sugar Hollow Creek - save some trees/vintage
Moxie Fab World - die cutting challenge
The Color Room #92 - his room palette
Paper Crafts Connection - winter inspired
Pixie Dust Paperie - Valentine's Day
The Pink Elephant #130 - hearts
Simon Says Stamp - new something


12 comments:

Женя Joy_L said...

so lovely

Monique said...

Squeal!!! This is so stinkin cute Debbie.. Oh what a fab little gift set... Awesome samples for this month release :)

Sassy said...

The snow lady is in Love! So very cute. Thanks for playing along with the Pixie Challenge!

Keilly said...

Oh my Debbie, those Cover-Alls are just adorable. You make just the best gifts and am totally inspired (must check out the templates and get creative this year!). x

Linda B said...

What an adorable creation... I just love that Smore Gift Set... now who wouldn't want one of those... a GREAT idea and so cute! and a lovely card to match... ideal! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie!

Ros said...

Stunning creations once again Debbie ... thanks so much for sharing them with us at Pixie

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute, cute!! What an adorable gift set! Love the wintery cover-alls, and that card is just fabulous. Your snow lady is amazing. Her hat is just the cutest thing ever!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous gift set Debbie :-) everything si so very cute and fantastic ,, love it ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Daniele said...

thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week with your lovely creation
hugs

Angi said...

Love the coveralls. Thank you for playing with the Pixie Challenge! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Too cute, thanks for playing along with Pixie!!!!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)