Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Time Made Easy January Release Party - Something Sweet!

 Hello friends!!  Today the My Time Made Easy teamies and I have a whole bunch of {sweet treat} projects to share with you all!  Sit back, relax and ENJOY :)

Introducing ... HEY CUPCAKE!


Two of my all-time favorite things are tea parties and CUPCAKES!!  The Hey Cupcake template is a perfectly wonderful box that will hold two {sweet} cupcakes when assembled -- just too FUN!!  This template is a breeze to assemble as the bottom is a simple box, but then the magic happens when you cut out the top with it's adorable peek-a-boo windows and the cupcake insert that slides inside to hold the yummy cargo in place!


I whipped up a batch of butter pecan cupcakes with cream cheese frosting to include inside my Hey Cupcake box and then sprinkled them generously with some yummy pink cupcake sugar!  The pink polka dotted paper is from the Darling Dots collection and I used it to cut the decorative layer that fits right on top of the template box top.  I added a row of white pom-pom trim and then tied my box closed with some 5/8" wide grosgrain ribbon ... and then adhered a pretty hot pink bloom to finish it off!


See how perfectly the cupcakes sit inside the box when opened ... LOVE it!!!


I decided to make this an oh-so-pretty in pink birthday set, so I designed a matching card for the gift!  I stamped onto a label cut out using the Occasional Label cut file with one of the label images from the Occasional Labels acrylic stamp set in Melon Mambo and then added the sentiment using the Sentimental Occasions acrylic stamp set in Green Galore.


The addition of a couple of glittered hearts, a paper doilie, a hot pink bloom with white leaves and a bit more grosgrain ribbon and Darling Dots polka dotted paper complete the design!


And there you have it ... a sweet treat gift set suitable for any gift-giving occasion.  Perfect for birthdays, Valentine's Day, teacher and administrative assistant's gifts, anniversaries, thank yous ... and so much more!

Be sure to visit all the other teamie's blogs to check out their {sweet treat} projects today:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:

And don't forget to visit the MTME DESIGNER'S GALLERY where you'll find tons of inspiration to spark your creativity for your next paper crafted project!

Be sure to check back in with me tomorrow where I'll be showcasing my January 'Year in Review' project!

Until then, happy stamping my {sweet} friends!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project: 
JUGS #118 - sketch (turned sideways)
Cupcake Inspirations #142 - photo inspiration
Fussy and Fancy #53 - happy birthday
Simon Says Stamp & Show - something old, something new
Really Reasonable Ribbons #39 - sparkle & ribbons
Tuesday Throwdown #79 - shiny new year
Simon Says Stamp - new 'something'

15 comments:

Chris said...

EEK! This is wonderful, I just wish I could sink my teeth into those cuppies.
thanks for playing in our Cupcake Inspiration challenge. it's always a pleasure to see your creations.

Tina said...

beautiful set i love the colors and details...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations this week

Tina
sweetie dt

Charlene said...

Sooooooooo cute!!!!! Love how festive this set it :-) The polka dots really pop it !!

Benzi said...

What a super duper gift set and yummy cupcakes to go along. Your shiny hearts are great for the Tuesday Throwdown challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

Kasia said...

This box is great and I love card! :)

Rosanne said...

Oh, what a gorgeous set, love it!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful gift set! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Zulma said...

Beautiful proyect! nice d/p's and embellish. TFS with us at Cupcakes Inpsirations.
Zulma DT

Marcea said...

what a stunning creation for our new somethings challenge on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week. Really pretty details and colours .... and cupcakes! Thanks for joining us, hope to see you for our next challenge
-x-

Stampin' Pam said...

G-o-R-g-E-o-U-s Debbie. I Love the ensemble and I really love how you flipped the JUGS sketch this week. You are SO amazing! Thanks for playing.

Nicola said...

Wow Debbie, I adore this birthday set, the card is so pretty and the cupcake box is scrummy!
Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Fussy & Fancy and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Judy Rozema said...

Oh my how yummy this is! Thanks for joining our Sparkle & Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous as usual! I love the pretty poms around the box...just perfect! And the way you used the JUGs sketch was fabulous! I love that stamp set...I need to use it more! Thanks for playing with us again!

Elise said...

YOU are sooooooo clever! What TRULY wonderful use of the Just Us Girls challenge - BRAVO! It's wonderful! THANKS, as always, for sharing your gorgeous work with us!

Sonia said...

You did a Awesome creation.
-Sony