Monday, January 23, 2012

The Kraft Journal #55!


Hello all and welcome to this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal!  The #55 challenge is called 'Tie it Up' and this week we're looking for projects with some sort of tied around or tied on element ... and don't forget to use some kraft cardstock or any item from The Kraft Outlet Shop!!


For my 'Tie it Up' project today, I started off by embossing a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and inked the edges. I then cut a piece of Buff Ivory Cardstock for the base of my card.  Next I used a decorative edge die to create a fancy edge on a piece of Yellow Library Card, trimmed the bottom and adhered it to the embossed piece.  I wrapped a bit of Blue Baker's Twine around the embossed piece and then adhered this to the cardstock base.  A sentiment was stamped on a Small Kraft Shipping Tag and then I tied a snipett of Red Baker's Twine around the top of the tag and adhered to the card base.  
A pretty nosegay was created using some blue and cream seam binding from the Victoria Seam Binding pack.  The tag was inked,embellished and finished off with a Pewter Stick Pin.  
 
The Truffle Box was decorated in a coordinating theme using more Blue Seam Binding, Red Baker's Twine and another Pewter Stick Pin -- all available from The Kraft Outlet Shop.
Please stop by The Kraft Journal to check out the awesome inspiration from the other teamies and then I hope you'll have time this week to give our 'Tie it Up' challenge a try ... this was a FUN one!!!
Thank you so much for visiting with me today ... have a wonderful stampy day!!

Hugs!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this project:  
CASE Study #74 - Jen Rzasa inspiration card
Moxie Fab World - The Die Cutting Challenge


14 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your bright colours against the Kraft. Beautiful card and adorable little gift holder! Hugs, Lesley

Ros said...

Beautiful!! I love how you put the red and blue colours in there ... your card and gift really are fabulous!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love those bright colors, Debbie, and the embossed background is a great touch!

Hanneke said...

Lovely! Those colors look great, I actually used them on my most recent card as well. Hugs, Hanneke

Debby said...

Wow, these really pack a punch! I love all the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Lulu/cy said...

Is there any way 2sign magnificent
this is really great!

lou said...

Olala Jeepers Creepers what a great creative spirit inventive
art! You made such a great craft
its amazing. this rocks <(^O*)>

JJ Bolton said...

Simply beautiful! I really love the primary colors on kraft! And your little truffle box is a treasure!

Jean Martin said...

WOW! These are gorgeous elements brought perfectly together! Loving all that layering!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Ellen said...

Deb I love your card and truffle box! I really like that you used bright colors for the accents.
hugs,
Ellen

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super gorgeous, girlie! Love the bright colours that you chose. Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! xo

Charlene said...

Beeautiful!!!!

Maria said...

Love all the bright colors on your card! Great bingo embossed background. My Mom would love it!Just so beautiful...great job!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks again for linking up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)