Monday, January 9, 2012

The Kraft Journal #53!

 Hello peeps and welcome to The Kraft Journal #53 - 'Your Favorite Color Combo'!

Well, it won't come as much of a surprise that my favorite color combo is pink, green and white or cream!  My alternate fav is pink, aqua and white or cream.  The patterned paper I used for today's inspiration card can look either green or aqua ... depending on the lighting.  I made a sweet treat card that is a gift too ... the cute little pocket on the front of the card holds a slide-out tag with a chocolate hazelnut tea bag!!


  I used Buff Ivory Cardstock for the base of my card and to stamp the pink tea cup and green tag onto.  A bit of glitter was added to the stamped flowers to make them pop!  I added some pink and green patterned papers to a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and adhered to the base of the card.  A pretty, lacey border was die cut from more Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and adhered to the card front.  The tea tag was attached to the tea cup using some Brown Baker's Twine.  To finish off the design, I added a pretty scrunched bow made from Victoria Seam Binding and topped it off with a couple of Antique Stick Pins.



The pull-out tag was made by adhering a a Small Kraft Shipping Tag onto a larger manila tag and then I stapled a tea bag to the tag set.  A snipett of pink Victoria Seam Binding was added for the pull.  The sentiment was stamped onto a x-small Grungy Prim Tag and then tied onto the tea bag tag with some Brown Baker's Twine.  This set is a thank you card and gift all in one {sweet} package!


 Please be sure to stop by The Kraft Journal to check out the other teamie's projects this week and then I hope you'll give our 'Favorite Color Combo' a try!!

Thanks for peeking in today!

Hugs!
xoxoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Really Reasonable Ribbons #39 - sparkle & ribbons
Simon Says Stamp - new something
Tuesday Throwdown #79 - shiny new year

6 comments:

Keilly said...

Beautiful card Debbie, I just love the colour combo, gorgeous! x

Lynn said...

So beautiful! lovely layers, this card is so soft and dreamy. Love your color choices.

Benzi said...

I don't think my comment took so I'm here again. I was saying how beautiful this creation is and how you've been very busy this week making some wonderful things. Thanks so much for playing with Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Audrey Pettit said...

How adorable! And what a fun challenge theme this week at The Kraft Journal. LOVE your card, and love that it's a gift, all rolled into one. Beautiful job, Debbie!

Debbie Carriere said...

So beautiful, Debbie!!! Love the colors and your embellishments are gorgeous!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Gorgeous colors, Debbie! I love that little tea bag tag coming out of the cup! Great job!