Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Kraft Journal #52!

 Hello all and welcome to my very first official post as a Designer for The Kraft Journal!!  I am tickled pink to be creating among such talented designers!!  The Week #52 challenge is 'Anything Goes' -- so fun!!

Today, over on The Kraft Journal Blog, I have a tutorial to show everyone how to make a pretty paper ruffle out of patterned paper!  These paper ruffles are wildly popular right now in blog land and very easy to create. 


Stamped sentiment is from the Heartfelt Gratitude set available at Inspired by Stamping.  

 I used some of my new supplies from The Kraft Outlet, including some Buff Ivory Cardstock for the base of my card, inked with a bit of green paint to create a time worn look.   Then two different patterned papers were added to the cardstock base for contrast.  Next, layer a strip of double sided tape along the seam of the two patterned papers and create your paper ruffle.


 I added a bit of lace trim and pearls along with come yummy Brown Kraft Baker's Twine at the center of the card.   A pink fabric bloom was adhered to the left side of the card and then two Antique Stick Pins were inserted under the top of the bloom.  The ' big hugs' sentiment was stamped on a x-small Grungy Prim Tag.  To complete this pretty little design, I added a bit of Victoria Seam Binding -- the create the shabby little bow.


The cardbase was added to a backing of Lunch Box Kraft Cardstock ... and there you have it, a pretty little card with lots of bits and bobs of treasures, all wrapped up with a darling paper ruffle and bow!  The perfect way to show someone you care for just how thankful you are to have them in your life!

Thank so much for peeking at my inaugural Design Team project for The Kraft Journal today!  Be sure to pop on over to The Kraft Journal Blog to check out my paper ruffle tutorial and then I'd love for you to leave me a comment while there letting me know what you think!!!  I'm looking forward to many weeks in 2012 designing with all the lovely goodies available at The Kraft Outlet Shop!

Big hugs to you all!!
xoxoxo

Challenges for this card:  
Simon Says Stamp & Show - something old, something new
Simon Says Stamp - something 'new'

12 comments:

Beth Moore said...

This card is simply gorgeous Debbie and the tutorial is the perfect inspiration for our readers too.... we are SO THRILLED to have you on our team at The Kraft Journal and look forward to working with you in the coming months!!!:-)

Eliana said...

very beautiful :)

Ruth S said...

Adorable card Debbie - your ruffle is perfect for this pretty card ;)
Looking forward to seeing more Kraft Journal treats from you, Rx

Shelly Hickox said...

This is one of the prettiest cards I've seen in ages. I love your paper ruffle - need to try that!

cbuswell said...

SO gorgeous! LOVE that fabric bloom and your pretty paper ruffle! Fabulous!

Nancy Wethington said...

This entire card is a treasure! So very beautiful and dainty. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

pattyo said...

This is so beautiful!

Lisa M said...

Congratulations to you on your new DT position, that is wonderful news and as for your card...good thing I was sitting when I visited your blog, because this card would have knocked me off my feet!
Your attention to detail and design is superb and this card is just so, so gorgeous :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Also, if you have a TIP you’d like to share you'll be eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. Check out the details when linking.
Lisa xx
Come by and visit us next week. We'd love to see you again!

ellen vargo said...

Stunning vintage loveliness! Awesome! Congrats on your new DT Team - I can see why they want you! Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Ellen :)

Joy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card...love how vintage and chic it looks... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

LaJanette said...

So SO pretty!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our anything goes challenge; hope to see you in our next challenge:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Kim Score said...

I adore this card! it is so soft and pretty!